Hello everyone,

Just finished these two Harriers, oob apart from the pitot tube from Master and a Freightdog resin tail correction on the GR-3.

Another couple of superb kits from Airfix, went together like a dream, no filler, refined panel lines and excellent decals only let down slightly by the GR-3's short tail but to be honest it's not that obvious.

The GR-1 is painted in Xtracolors and the GR-3 in Tamiya, both finished with Alclad gloss and matt cotes respectively.

As always comments welcomed, good or bad.

Cheers, gazza l

009_zpsa269aa58.jpg

011_zps49ca314d.jpg

015_zpsde706c10.jpg

016_zps15a9a637.jpg

017_zps9fedd012.jpg

• Like 26

Two Beautiful Harriers there,.....I cannot choose between them, they are both superb! Top notch modelling,

Well done,

Cheers

Tony

A beautiful pair of Harriers. The first picture of the GR1 took me right back to my 'years gone by' and my first Airfix Harrier and that box art of the jet taking off vertically. That's why I've got a soft spot for the tin wing Harriers.

What colour did you use for the nozzles?

Jeff

Edited by pinky coffeeboat
  • Like 1

A beautiful pair of Harriers. The first picture of the GR1 took me right back to my 'years gone by' and my first Airfix Harrier and that box art of the jet taking off vertically. That's why I've got a soft spot for the tin wing Harriers.

Jeff

Spot on mate. My thoughts and memories too.

Thanks for your kind comments chaps.

Jeff

I used Alclads for the nozzles, black base first, then steel, followed by a light coat of sepia, a black oil wash and finally sealed with

a matt cote.

Cheers, gazza l