ADvice on fixing Airfix BAC 1-11 Nose

Not sure if this has been covered before guys so bear with me!

I'm looking to do a 1-11 in Aer Lingus Colours the nose seems wrong are their any plans that could help me fix same? I heard ray @ twosix did a conversion but it seems its no longer available

Any help would be much appreciated

There needs to be a more pointed radome as far as the nose goes.

So while you're waiting for all the other info, you chop the radome end off and stick some filler on the end ready to sand to shape.

Also remove the tail bumper and wing fences plus delete the wing LE lights

ther are a few other things but that will get you started untill you get the deails

Edited by garryrussell

There needs to be a more pointed radome as far as the nose goes.

So while you're waiting for all the other info, you chop the radome end off and stick some filler on the end ready to sand to shape.

Also remove the tail bumper and wing fences plus delete the wing LE lights

ther are a few other things but that will get you started untill you get the deails

They were sent last night Gary :thumbsup:

I think so unless you can think of anything else.

It's a pity we don't have a new tool 1-11 kit as not everyone is happy tackling a vac-form or full resin kit.

Chris.

LGW Miniatures do a resin replacement for the nose. Other makes have done them as well.

You can also fix it by sawing off a bit of the nose ahead of the cockpit, and replacing it with a suitably modified spinner of the approximate size and sanded into shape - I've done this.

Finally, the nose of the kit represents that of the first few aircraft (which were later retrofitted with the pointier nose) - you don't need to change the nose at all if you can get the decals for one of these.