Corsair II, A-7E Heller boxing

Originally finished over six weeks ago, due to a major kick in the man-vegetables from life, I have finally got around

to getting back to normal, and so have eventually got back to modelling.

Heller's boxing of the A-7E is by no means the best kit around, and certainly needs a substantial amount of filler

for the wing and fuselage join, it nevertheless was a fairly nice kit to build.

DSCF3204_zpsc4b85c53.jpg

Markings are for VA-27 Maces, USS Enterprise, from the Microscale Decal sheet 72-221. Even for an

older decal sheet, they worked well with Humbrols Decalfix. First time using Decalfix, and pleasantly

surprised how well it worked. Stars and bars were from the spares box.

DSCF3205_zpsaee541aa.jpg

The Humbrol Gull grey was brush painted with the white coming from Halfords undercoat with

a coat of Klear to bring about a satin(ish) finish.

DSCF3209_zpsedd64661.jpg

Although the wing fold is pretty simplistic, it does give something different display wise in my

modelling room,(and saves room). I really should of painted the yellow bands around the bombs,

but in my defense, there are 24 of them, and after the first 2 went askew, plain green was

adjudged the better option.

DSCF3210_zpsa707729f.jpg

Overall, a nice simple build, no major dramas, and the finished model brings a bit of extra colour to

the display shelves.

(For display purposes, the model is on the deck of H.M.S. Ark Royal)

DSCF3211_zpsf28d9b2c.jpg?t=1399405469

Thanks for your interest,

Sean

• Like 7

Congratulations Sean, she looks beautiful. Yes the old Airfix kit has stood the test of time, well almost. If as you say she needed a lot of filler. Maybe Airfix/Heller just got too much milage from the moulds. I still like it and have a few in the stash/under construction. Thanks for sharing your pics.

Colin

• Like 1

This is inspiration for my next project - I'm gearing up to build an A-7 and seeing your colorful contribution is making me feel like getting at it !

• Like 1

A good looking A-7, notwithstanding the kit's pedigree.

You have done real good!

JR

• Like 1

Thanks all for taking the time to comment, much appreciated.

Hi Colin, look forward to seeing your Corsairs, the decals are still here if you want them? You could be right about the state of the moulds, although

there was very little flash on the sprues, how does yours look?

Regards,

Sean