I've had a disaster and won't make the closing date for this GB. I was spraying it the other night and managed to completely cock the grey up. Not only did I over-thin the paint but I also had completely the wrong shade of grey. It dried in a really weird, patchy way that looked totally rubbish. I then compounded the error by spraying the green and trying to do the old blu tak trick using play-dough. Sounds weird but I've done it successfully before, only on this occasion loads of it adhered to the grey (that hadn't dried properly) and was impossible to remove. I then had a complete brain fart and rather than leave the whole thing to dry and going at it with wet n dry I recoated the whole thing with primer (which obliterated much of the engraved detail). In a final act of pure fail I handled the plane before it was totally dry and got finger prints all over it.

I had the sense at this point to walk away from it for 48 hours until it cured properly and then went to work with sandpaper and a pin vice to restore the detail and fortunately it seems non the worse for it's experience. This does however mean that I won't make the GB this time.

Mods, any chance you could uplift this thread to "Work in Progress" under "Aviation Modelling"?