Minerammer 1/35 Meng Mine Roller

Well taking a break from my floaty things modelling I wanted to try something a bit different so I got this at the Scot/Nats the other weekend and with it being the bank holiday and off work after the usual garden tidy up I started on this and within a couple of hours had it made and started the painting.

IMG_000118.JPG

IMG_000315.JPG

The build was a breeze no fit or parts issues

IMG_000519.JPG

Wheel assembly

IMG_000717.JPG

This was the only area I did a little weak with the hinge pegs for the wheel pads a bit on the tight fit so opened up the holes just a little bit

IMG_001019.JPG

And nearly finished and the painting started with a coat of Halfords red primer

IMG_001112.JPG

saw this the other night at the club and its a lot bigger than i thought it would be' looking good so far mate.

regards oz!.

OK BIG RED tractor primed now for the colour choice do I go for the Fifty shades of grey look or go for the instruction offering and do a fifty shades of sand yellow or even could do both in a work shop scene or even a worn out abandoned look??

IMG_000216.JPG

IMG1_0007.JPG

Yet more proof that "If it's German.....The kits will come!", if ever proof were needed! :mental:

Seriously, it does look a very nice model and you are clearly doing a very good job with it, but you couldn't find something more oddball if you tried.....Except maybe the Kugelpanzer. :wicked:

Watching with interest. :popcorn:

PS - How about a 'not quite finished yet' look.....It'd certainly be appropriate: http://strangevehicles.greyfalcon.us/Alkett.htm

Hey SGT thanks for the links very inspiring stuff that space wheel thing looks as though the German inventors had help from someone else Maybe they had there own area 51 :coolio:

Cheers Keith

Electrify it and paint it 50 shades of grey. Sehr erotisch!

Schatzi, I'm in ze mood. Gibt me mein roller, bitte. And warm up ze kugelpanzer, ja?

Well decided to go for the prototype out of the workshop on trials look with a Fifty shades of red oxide grey and rust with maybe a bit of yellow and orange ( let the photos do the talking now it sounds silly )

IMG_000217.JPG

The start of the PRE- shading using dark grey to highlight the seam line and light grey to highlight the inner parts of the panels

And a mix of red oxide and dark yellow to start off the rusty effect on the track pads and some of the surface panels

IMG_000419.JPG

More soon from the paint shop

Beefy

This is really coming on a storm Keith. I like the paint concept and can't wait to see it in the plastic! :goodjob:

Some more work done in the paint shop this morning I have painted the turret and hatches as well as some of the smaller fittings a dark German grey I then coated the beast in a fine layer of matt varnish when this was dry I then sprayed an all over thin wash of Raw umber oil paint and this is it so far.

IMG_000221.JPG

IMG_000123.JPG

Next up will be some chalk markings were the engineers would mark the plates for the fittings and start adding a small amount of weathering around the wheels.

Beefy

• Like 1

Hi Beefy,

The red makes it look even more agricultural, but I bet it was lousy at harvesting potatoes! :)

At any rate, a great-looking scheme.

Kind regards,

Adam

Thanks for the kind comments Lads.

The other half gets out this afternoon Big K with any luck so best get some more bench time before she has me running all over for her :shutup:

Beefy

Edited by beefy66

looking really good now mate' really good.

cheers oz!.