Airfix Lightning F2A

Another Lightning from Airfix. This one was built entirely out of the box with the exception of some tape seat belts (which of course can't be seen) and was brush painted using Humbrol enamels. I'm not entirely happy with it as I made too many silly mistakes during the build but overall I'm fairly pleased with how it has turned out. In what is becoming a habit, I managed to snap the pitot tube and have asked the nice folks at Airfix if they would be kind enough to send me a replacement. I decided not to weather this at all as I am building a range for my new display cabinet which will all be presented as fairly clean. Anyway, would welcome your thoughts as always!

WP_20140504_006.jpg

WP_20140504_007.jpg

WP_20140504_009.jpg

WP_20140504_010.jpg

WP_20140504_008.jpg

Regards,

GJ

• Like 12

I have just about finished mine as well. Can't see any mistakes you mention, nice job!

Thanks for the replies folks.

Nice job. (but 1/72 or the old 1/48 kit?).

Graham, it is the new 1/72nd kit (my preferred scale).

Very nice Lightning and paint job there.
Do you use any particular make of brushes?
BB

Humbrol brushes are my preferred choice but I do have a couple of flat Tamiya brushes in the box for large flat areas.

GJ

GJ

Re brushes. Are those the basic red Humbrol brushes or the posh triangular blue ones?

I find the red ones tend to lose bristles?

TonyS

GJ

Re brushes. Are those the basic red Humbrol brushes or the posh triangular blue ones?

I find the red ones tend to lose bristles?

TonyS

Hi Tony. The brushes I use are the brown Humbrol ones (as below). I've had these for absolutely ages but take good care of them so haven't suffered any lost bristles. No complaints at all with them and would highly recommend.

HPG1977.jpg

never get sick of lightnings bring on the t5

Glenn

You're right Glenn. I think I will end up with at least an F6 and if they release one, a T5 as well!

GJ