Airfix AV8-S & Sword TAV8-S

Since the Harrier is my favourite aircraft and I missed out joining the origonal STGB may as well over-commit to this one and promise two entries. Double the failure, sorry I of course mean, fun.

Got the kits, got the decals, got the replacement seats on order. All I need now is to finish a selection of projects clutering the bench and find time to do these and an other kit for the Korean War GB...

Cool, built the sword kit myself as a Spanish T-Bird with the sharks mouth on the front, nice kit!

Got that option included on the Aztec decal sheet Phil but not yet sure if I'll use it.

In the best tradition of pics or it didn't happen;

20140504_162729.jpg

There are in fact four kits within this picture but more about that later ;)

20140504_162741.jpg

The rather lovely Aztec decal sheet has options for not only the single and twin seat Spanish machines but also GR.1A and GR.3s. Think I'll be getting my monies worth from this one :D

• Like 2

Ace sheet isn't it?! I've built 2 from it so far and I think I'll build beach buggy as a third for this GB.

Lovely quality decals too

It certainly looks a cracking sheet. How were the decals to apply Phil? Very tempted to do a Belize based GR.3 in the near future as well...

They were really good, even the shark mouth fitted perfectly and conformed well

Hmm, shark mouthed TAV-8S, tempting... Away to have a look see if there are any photos of your model.

I don't think I posted the shark mouth T-bird before

P1000344.jpg

Can't really see the mouth too well...

P1000347.jpg

A bit of a bonus over what's on the sheet, some home made decals for the tail, made for me by Chocksaway (Graham).

• Like 3

That's a beautiful T.2 Phil.

It's great seeing the Harrier in a Spanish scheme and I'm looking forward to following this build Col.

Thanks Cookenbacher. Got a few Hunter projects to finished before I can make bench space to start these so may be a couple weeks yet.

Right gang, progress (of a sort) to report, yesterday a small packet arrived in the post containing three Pavla resin Stencel SJU-4 ejection seats;

20140509_165028.jpg

So now I've got all the bits I want for getting started apart from time <_<

• Like 1

Time is always the hardest part Col, hope you find some!

Dan

Hope that you manage to get some time in on these Col.

Thanks lads and yes Dan you're right there, modern life has a habit of leaving us time poor, hopefully I can knuckle down and get some of the Hunters finished this next week as these Harriers are looking all too tempting every time I go near them.

Since the Harrier is my favourite aircraft .........

Looking forward to this Col. S'pose harriers are all right in an airshowy-uppy-downy-lefty-righty sort of way. But favourite?......takes all sorts to make a world mind :)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Well gang I suppose it's time to start making my excuses :(

Real life sucks. Right, enough of the sob story, had a few odd moments to play with the Airfix kit and somehow got this far;

20140731_164615.jpg

It's a lovely kit that goes together well with a little care. Did a little work on the intakes;

20140606_173922.jpg

20140709_172711.jpg

20140709_172655.jpg

...then put the cockpit together with the addition of some minor details such as levers and wiring that I forgot to take photos of :rolleyes: followed by boxing in the nozzle fairings;

20140722_170044.jpg

Everything else pretty much fell together as intended in such a hurry that I forgot all about the face curtain handle for the seat regardless of the fact both Phil and Dave told me I needed it :( Stupid boy here was too busy to update and read his own thread so promptly buggered up.

A few more additions occured this evening but it's too dark for a decent photo and isn't going to change the fact my AV8-S has failed to make the dealine. Sorry guys.

• Like 2

Away from the bench this weekend but will fire up a photo of progress once I'm back home. A few more small additions and this one will be ready for paint :D

Right, excuse the rubbish photo but taken in a hurry, hope this illustrates where we are at the moment;

20140809_190803.jpg

Got the strakes thinned and a few brackets added around them that the gun pods attach to along with an aerial beside the tail and the vent on the front nozzle fairing. I've also fitted the nose undercarriage leg so I can close the nose bay doors as I wanted to avoid a potential fight getting the leg in past them afterwards. Still a few aerials to add but almost there.

• Like 1