Hi all,

I am actually still busy with another project (1/48 KittyHawk Mirage F1CZ) which I posted in the "In Progress" section here; http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234951466-148-kittyhawk-mirage-f1/page-1. I recently travelled to the US for a few weeks and on my return found myself totally uninterested to continue with that project for the time being. It turned out to be quite a difficult kit to build due to all the corrections that needed to be made which contributed to my temporary "builders block". To get the mojo back I decided to do a quick build of this kit, Hasegawa's 1/32 Fw 190F-8.

This scheme on the Fw 190F-8 always appealed to me and I decided to give it a go. Research on the net proved that the grey RLM 75 should actually be Brown RLM 81, which I used:

-1_zps90a0f93c.jpg

The build is mostly out of the box except for the exhausts (Quickboost) and the seatbelts (Fine Molds). Here is the completed build. Hope you like it. All comments welcome.

-2_zps6405de7b.jpg

-3_zpsa344e340.jpg

-6_zps82a2e9ff.jpg

-8_zpsae1482f0.jpg

-7_zpse532d627.jpg

-4_zps198f45d2.jpg

-11_zps589e686b.jpg

-5_zps70b601a1.jpg

20140504_100851A_zps677891b9.jpg

Victor

Edited by horrido109
  • Like 9

If that's the old tool F8 kit (I don't know of a F8 being released in 1/32 by Hasegawa along with their FW-190 A5 ,6, 7 & 8 versions of a few years ago?) then you have done a tremendous job. I recall the old F8 being a really basic kit and gave up on it years ago.

If it is the same kit and you have rescribed all the panels - Kudos Victor!

Great camo & markings scheme too.

Gary

• Like 1

this is the actual aircraft (unfortunately the quality of the pictures is very poor, taken with the aircraft standing on its nose at a scrapyard):

B_zpsecf6a350.jpg

Victor

Edited by horrido109
  • Like 2

If that's the old tool F8 kit (I don't know of a F8 being released in 1/32 by Hasegawa along with their FW-190 A5 ,6, 7 & 8 versions of a few years ago?) then you have done a tremendous job. I recall the old F8 being a really basic kit and gave up on it years ago.

If it is the same kit and you have rescribed all the panels - Kudos Victor!

Gary

Hi Gary. Unfortunately I am way too lazy to do that Lol. Hasegawa did actually release an F-8 with the new tooling. It is a very nice kit with a resin 500Kg bomb included. This is the boxing that I used:

A_zpse0d09a91.jpg

Victor

• Like 2

Hi Gary. Unfortunately I am way too lazy to do that Lol. Hasegawa did actually release an F-8 with the new tooling. It is a very nice kit with a resin 500Kg bomb included. This is the boxing that I used:

A_zpse0d09a91.jpg

Victor

Hi Victor,

Well...you learn something new every day. I have never seen this kit before and I had no idea they did an updated tooling of it. I will keep an eye out for it at shows.

Great 190 mate!

Gary

How did I miss this?! What a great looking F-8, really nice work.

Great kit and finish!

I've never know why they have the bare metal on the underside? Anyone?

Towards the end of the war materials were in short supply and parts and planes were increasingly made in a modular fashion. I believe fabric covered areas would have been painted, while larger metal surfaces were sometimes left. You can see examples of this in the Fw 190D's and Bf 109's too.

That's my understanding anyway from what I've read, there might be a more informed answer!

As I thought Vic you are far too modest......your builds are absolutely brilliant, hope to see this one in the flesh soon....stunning in fact....I want to know where you found the time to builds this one...?

Oh....

I re read this one...Quick build....to break builders block....It makes this one even better...

i usually do them on 1:48 scale.....quickies....

So re score from me...

Hig numbers on this one from me..

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford
  • Like 1