Airfix 1/24 Harrier GR3 (OOB)

So I'm doing this monster of a kit.I am contemplating buying the DJ Parkins set but am in 2 minds,as the's not a lot I'd use from I think...Mainly the cockpit,seat & airframe.

wgqd6r.jpg

2eounp3.jpg

2me1xde.jpg

fup5d4.jpg

2nhkokl.jpg

• Like 3

Excellent good to see the big scale offering making an appearance in the GB. Can't show favouritism as host but I'll deffinately keep a keen eye on this

Orders from them as heritage models and never had an issue, Ian posts on here from time to time...

Edited by SaintsPhil
  • Like 1

I am just about to start this kit as well but I will be doing it as a long term project will be interested in the resin cockpit as well as the revised intakes.

My decals are out of register does anyone know of any decals for "fancy" harriers in 1/24 scale

Rodders

I've got this kit in the stash as well. I also have the DJ Parkins set, Heritage intakes and Heritage airbrake bay. From what I see, combining the Heritage cockpit tub and sidewalls with the DJ Parkins panel and seat will be the way to go. I plan to buy the Heritage cockpit when funds permit so that I can do just that. I am also considering the Heritage landing gear set.

Looking forward to seeing you progress with this.

Cheers,

Tom.

• Like 1

I am just about to start this kit as well but I will be doing it as a long term project will be interested in the resin cockpit as well as the revised intakes.

My decals are out of register does anyone know of any decals for "fancy" harriers in 1/24 scale

Rodders

Hi Rodders,

I don't know of any, but you may want to contact Airfix for a replacement set. I believe they are pretty good for customer service.

Cheers,

Tom.

• Like 2

I will watch this one. I would at first thought hade build the SHAR, but someone wanted me to build the 1/72 GR.3

Cheers,

Where do you cut the nose?

Take a close look and you will spy a double row of rivets.

Sadly these don't line up on both sides of the fuselage so I'd suggest cutting further forward then sanding back.

I know you said OOB spike, but if you come to your senses ;) then now is the time to cut out the camera aperture and replace it with a little bit of acetate. There are big supplies of this part way down the slippery slope...

Cheers,

Kirk

• Like 1

Wahay, someone else building this! I'll be interested to see how you progress. I was thinking about the big AM set that Hannants sell but I'm too much of a tight bottom to fork out the £65...:(

Wahay, someone else building this! I'll be interested to see how you progress. I was thinking about the big AM set that Hannants sell but I'm too much of a tight bottom to fork out the £65... :(

Get it direct from Flightpath & save a few bob.

• Like 1

Do they have a website, I can't see one?

I've used their website a couple of times. Always a great service.

Tom.