Airfix 1/72 Harrier GR.3 update 02-08-2014 ###Finished###

Looks great - did you freehand the green with an airbrush or use some sort of mask? The pre/post shading has given a great 'worn' look! What 'Klear' did you sue - the new floor polish version? I did on mine, didn't seem so shiny as the Humbrol stuff I used on my Lucy GR7A. Loved the GR3!

Edited by Tim Moff

Looks great - did you freehand the green with an airbrush or use some sort of mask? The pre/post shading has given a great 'worn' look! What 'Klear' did you sue - the new floor polish version? I did on mine, didn't seem so shiny as the Humbrol stuff I used on my Lucy GR7A. Loved the GR3!

Thanxs Tim and Jabba.

Tim I used some maskingtape with roles of blue tak and the Klear is still the old stuff. I still have a few bottles of those hiden away for the future. I do use the new klear as well, but I only use it now for dipping the clear parts at the moment.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Is Gunze now known as Mr Hobby? Do they come pre - thinned or are they acrylic - willing to have a go looking at Arnys finish!

Edited by Tim Moff

Hi Tim, You are right Mr Colour is Gunze Sangyo paint. But there are two versions the waterbased one (Aquanous) and a solvent based one.

I Always use the waterbased version. They are easy to use and you only need to thin them just like tamiya paint.

That is about 20% thinner (in my case I Always use Tamiya thinner also with the Gunze that works realy great).

Another big plus for Gunze is that it hase a semi gloss finish, so you don't need to much Klear for a shiny surface for the decals.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Yes, that is the thinner for acrylic paint that I use.

I have also done some work on the model yesterday. The decals are now on and they are sealed with a coat of Klear. I don't have any pictures jet. hope to put on some tommorow.

Now I only have to put in some pannel lines and than a dull coat. And then it's just fitting al the bits and bobs for the finish.

I am still on track for the finish line

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 1

Again some pictures. The decals are on, panellines done and a dull coat.

Here are three pictures after the decals.

IMG_0920_zps439b79b9.jpgIMG_0921_zps7a6eb3b3.jpgIMG_0922_zpsef34b9b0.jpg

And here some after the panellines and the dull coat.

IMG_0926_zpsd1f80349.jpgIMG_0927_zpsbc86307c.jpgIMG_0928_zpse22381a9.jpg

Now I just need to finish it.

Cheers,

• Like 4

I have finished the Harrier today. Phew that was close.

Here are some pictures of the underside. This was were the most modelling needed to be done.

IMG_0932_zpsddb62e54.jpg

IMG_0930_zpsd73237c0.jpg

And the ejection seat still needed to be painted. This is the result.

IMG_0929_zpsa13df139.jpg

And finally a picture of the finished model on the Airfix box.The pictures of the finished model will be placed in the Gallery.

IMG_0933_zps54706490.jpg

This was a great build. I haven't been working in 1/72 for a long time and I realy enjoyed it.

Thanxs for looking guys.

Cheers,

• Like 3

• 1 year later...