1/72 Airfix Lancaster B.VII NX611 'Just Jane'

2 hours ago, Robertjon5 said:

bit late to this thread as fairly newish member. great result! anybody know where I can get 1/72 just jane decals. can only find in u.s atm. used to hsave the die cast version of this. but had to sell it. so a kit one will be lot cheaper!

thanks.

Hi Robert,

The original declas were from CanMilAir who still produce the decals AFAIK and they are based the right side of the pond for you. 

The model was originally brush painted but I stripped it back and finished it off with Kitsworld decals. The nose 'H' is overscale by about 1/3rd but I haven't found something suitable to replace it yet. I don't think I ever did an RFI for this though. Equally I've still not taken any decent photos of it yet;

NX611

NX611

Cheers,

WV908

EDIT: Please note the model is finished as NX611 with the new serials but prior to the repaint, so the colours are wrong (too worn / dull) to portray her current state. I chose to build her like this as a have a few patches of the old fabric in these worn colours :)

Edited by WV908
  • Like 2

thanks for info WV908.  their website says under construction! and looks like they are  in Canada? either way,  no rush I can wait for kitsworld ones in July. model looks ok to me. but I a, not an expert!!

cheers.

Rj.

Edited by Robertjon5