Rob,

The Fujimi AV-8A does have some pretty awful fit problems, espicially around the nose and the Aden pods, as well as the wing to fuselage joint. The best way I found was to shim the worst of the gaps with plasticard and blend in with filler.

Mark.

• Like 1

Rob,

The Fujimi AV-8A does have some pretty awful fit problems, espicially around the nose and the Aden pods, as well as the wing to fuselage joint. The best way I found was to shim the worst of the gaps with plasticard and blend in with filler.

Mark.

Hmm just had a little test fit of the nose. It does seem to fight me a little. HA shims filler and sanding... I have done plenty of that recently.

I got all excited at paying only 6 quid for the fujimi. It looks like a nice harrier all the same.

I think I will still to the heller for now. Now that fits so well it clips together brilliant.

I would like to do a 1/48 GR5 if such a kit decal option exists. These are the Harriers I remember the best and the first I seen at Wroughton 1992 I do miss the all green scheme.

Cheers Rob ;)

• Like 2

Once I wrap up my Korean GB birds and start on the Meteor for that, I think I'll do a/some shark-mouthed Harriers, because they resemble my favorite animal of all time, the noble hedgehog. I've put up a thread in the Wanted section of the forum, but if worse comes to worse, I can do ZG859/91 from the MA Telic Part 1 sheet, having already done ZD408.

1477980_702039883154160_993480702_n.jpg

• Like 3

Hmm just had a little test fit of the nose. It does seem to fight me a little. HA shims filler and sanding... I have done plenty of that recently.

I got all excited at paying only 6 quid for the fujimi. It looks like a nice harrier all the same.

I think I will still to the heller for now. Now that fits so well it clips together brilliant.

I would like to do a 1/48 GR5 if such a kit decal option exists. These are the Harriers I remember the best and the first I seen at Wroughton 1992 I do miss the all green scheme.

Cheers Rob ;)

It would be nice to see a green GR5 Rob but the T4 would be a good option too, you don't see many twin Harriers being built. I look forward to seeing what your choice will be.

• Like 1

Once I wrap up my Korean GB birds and start on the Meteor for that, I think I'll do a/some shark-mouthed Harriers, because they resemble my favorite animal of all time, the noble hedgehog. I've put up a thread in the Wanted section of the forum, but if worse comes to worse, I can do ZG859/91 from the MA Telic Part 1 sheet, having already done ZD408.

1477980_702039883154160_993480702_n.jpg

Your right it does look like a Hedgehog cool animals indeed. It also reminds me I have a decal sheet for operation Tellic (Is that whats its called.. Not sure)

Got plenty of afghan harriers and tonkas on

It would be nice to see a green GR5 Rob but the T4 would be a good option too, you don't see many twin Harriers being built. I look forward to seeing what your choice will be.

Oh the T4 is a definite one. It will be a wrap around for sure. Likely one of these in this link.

Scroll to the bottom lots of cool pics and a very amazing website for info and photos on Harriers and many other RAF and other air-force types.

Its a German website so if you can't read German use Google translate.

Cheers Rob :)

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://sg-etuo.de/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://sg-etuo.de%26client%3Dubuntu%26hs%3DNj0%26channel%3Dfs%26gl%3Duk

• Like 1

Your right it does look like a Hedgehog cool animals indeed. It also reminds me I have a decal sheet for operation Tellic (Is that whats its called.. Not sure)

Got plenty of afghan harriers and tonkas on

Telic was, AFAIK, the name for the UK's participation in the invasion of Iraq. As for hedgehogs, I'm very partial to them. Here's my late pet, Oliver, who was an African Pygmy:

316467_269497263075093_1772487936_n.jpg

He was my spiny little buddy and I miss him a lot.

• Like 3

Telic was, AFAIK, the name for the UK's participation in the invasion of Iraq. As for hedgehogs, I'm very partial to them. Here's my late pet, Oliver, who was an African Pygmy:

316467_269497263075093_1772487936_n.jpg

He was my spiny little buddy and I miss him a lot.

Thats Right Iraq. Pardon my mix-up No disrespect I have family on the front line in both conflicts so to me it seems to be all part and parcel of the same issues.

Also I am knackerd and the old grey matter needs a rest.

Sorry about the loss of the Pet. He was cute. I did not know you could keep Hedgehogs as pets. Very cool.

Cheers Rob :)

They're still illegal in some barbaric parts of the USA which remain as yet unilluminated by civilization's torch, but where I live it's happily legal. NB they're much smaller than your hedgehogs, little bigger than a clenched fist. Anyway, Harriers!

• Like 2

Can someone please tell me about the 2 tone Green scheme on Harrier GR5/7 T-10. I love this scheme but why did they move away from the Wrap around scheme on the harriers.

Was this an experiment for low level operations I just wondered about the science behind it.

I see that there was a GR3 painted in this scheme so I take it it must have been successful in its application.

I would love to do a 48th Harrirer gr3 in this scheme. Does anyone do decals for them

Cheers Rob ;)

Looks like were going to have a good mix on the GB :)

The Hannants site is dangerous I've seen some nozzles and a ladder on there which keep calling my name now!

• Like 1

Hannants sure is dangerous. I try to avoid the site unless I really need something. They must have had 400 quid out of me the last 6 weeks. I do like their swift service. You go there for what you need and then find yourself thinking.. Oh I wonder if they have.... and before you know it you have spent 50 plus quid.

I tell ye though I am happy for it ;)

^ I'm loving Artur models right now.

So a question for you all. You've already helped me greatly with getting parts for my Hasegawa GR.5. I need to purchase a few things more, but I am now realizing that I've put three times the kit's cost in Aftermarket. So this is what I've got.

QB GR5 correct Nose

QB air brake

These are what I have in my cart:

Aires Cockpit

Aires landing gear by

Aires replacement nozzles.

Now is the landing gear bay really necessary (like would I notice the poor bay details unless I turn the model over), or is there a more fundamental issue at work? Also I've got an older tool Airfix GR.7... are its exhausts usable to replace the hasegawa kit's poor showing?

Edited by -Neu-

^ I'm loving Artur models right now.

So a question for you all. You've already helped me greatly with getting parts for my Hasegawa GR.5. I need to purchase a few things more, but I am now realizing that I've put three times the kit's cost in Aftermarket. So this is what I've got.

QB GR5 correct Nose

QB air brake

These are what I have in my cart:

Aires Cockpit

Aires landing gear by

Aires replacement nozzles.

Now is the landing gear bay really necessary (like would I notice the poor bay details unless I turn the model over), or is there a more fundamental issue at work? Also I've got an older tool Airfix GR.7... are its exhausts usable to replace the hasegawa kit's poor showing?

I wouldn't bother with the gear bay, as you say you'd have to turn it over to see, but in reality the main gear bay doors are usually closed while the Harrier is on the deck anyway, they can droop slightly open though.

As for nozzles, I would think the ones from the old kit are as bad if not worse than the ones from the Has kit, might be better off with some resin ones!

Phil

I've given up on Hannant's, after paying twice for two sheets of decals on an order to be collected at Telford and getting no joy on a request for a refund. Besides that, I found my latest purchase cheaper elsewhere!

Colin

Edited by heloman1

I wouldn't bother with the gear bay, as you say you'd have to turn it over to see, but in reality the main gear bay doors are usually closed while the Harrier is on the deck anyway, they can droop slightly open though.

As for nozzles, I would think the ones from the old kit are as bad if not worse than the ones from the Has kit, might be better off with some resin ones!

Phil

Awesome. Thank you for the pointers. order sent!

Someone on the 72nd aircraft forum was kind enough to mail out to me decals for the ARTF-painted sharkmouth GR.7 in Turkey in the 1990s -- I'm continually amazed, I should mention, at the kindness of the international modelling fraternity -- so it looks like I'll be build that particular bird. One thing, though...has anyone ever seen a photo of this aircraft anywhere? I couldn't find one during a spate of intensive googling.

• Like 1

Is that the one from the the MA sheet? With the long thin sharks mouth? If so it states it wasn't worn for long, so maybe that's the reason you can't find many pics. It also states that the ARTF wore off quite quickly to expose the greens underneath! I modelled a 1/48 example a while back and the only picture I found was on the front of a magazine, which showed the top surfaces to be filthy!

• Like 1

The very same. I'm a bit worried about the greens, I don't mind telling you, because the two-tone scheme is apparently really only available in Xtracolours enamels, and I don't use enamels, and even if I did (for in a moment of madness I considered it), they're hard to obtain over here.

Yes, just that pesky Lichen to worry about, then. I suppose most of the wear would be along the top? Oh man, am I going to have to learn how to salt weather?

Yes, just that pesky Lichen to worry about, then. I suppose most of the wear would be along the top? Oh man, am I going to have to learn how to salt weather?

Not if you've got a bottle of masking fluid and some cocktail sticks. Spray your base colours where you intend to weather, allow to dry, dip cocktail stick in masking fluid and apply randomly. Spray topcoat, allow to dry and remove masking blobs to reveal chips of base colours. Simples!

In the old tool Airfix Harrier GR5/7/T10, the underside colour was quoted as Humbrol 120. Not a million miles away from Lichen Green, but should be close enough if you're only wanting to expose a few chips of it. Not sure if this is available in the Humbrol Acrylics range though.

Mark.

• Like 2

Oh man, that is a hard one to Google. It doesn't help that ARTF is R/C aircraft model parlance for "almost ready to fly". I couldn't come with any pics either Proc.

Probably exacerbated by the fact it was only worn for one sortie and pics in the public domain are as rare as rocking horse poo! Try searching for Operation Warden or by aircraft serial number, I find I get much better results. It's also worth searching for 'Harrier GR7 Incirlik'. There is a thread on here somewhere with some pics of other Op Warden jets, but I don't have time to find it and link it just now.

Mark.

• Like 2