Babylon 5 Warlock Destroyer

Hi all bit the bullet and started the Bam Bam productions resin model of the warlock

1) pic of kit DSC01987_zpsf3e81561.jpg

2) cleaned up resin flash, best clip on dvd was from crusade, each night i dream of home. Got some nice computer generated images but, having watched dvd in slow mo confirmed a number of things.

the front section as cast is a pretty good representation of the warlock, alas the same cant be said of the engine section.

3) pic of assembly so far DSC01992_zps8bdca605.jpg

4) first of note is there is a circular section between the boom and the engine housing, this was cut from 1mm thk plasticard using a 1p as a template, Model is about 250mm long (10")

For those interested i will primer leaving the mods unpainted for a photo to highlight before pressing on.

5) pics of rear engine section as cast DSC01990_zpsb3ed2546.jpg

DSC01989_zps94d5115c.jpg

In a nutshell the top and bottom engines are at least half the size they should be, there are missing diagonal panels, front, top and bottom. so appears similar to a maltese cross arrangement, apologies inadvance if my decriptions are a bit confusing, as trying best to descibe what ive seen.

Heres a pic that i hope will clarify what im talking about.

B5WarlockDestroyerWIP32_zpsbc5ac9e4.jpg

Edited by whitestar12chris
  • Like 3

Hi prowler the green thing is plastic coated garden wire, stripped back to make front probe, as to engine section getting there as can be seen in pics

B5WarlockDestroyerWIP33_zps90503218.jpg

Edited by whitestar12chris

Build update, watched all appearances of the warlock in Babylon 5 and crusade, in a nutshell the cg images ive posted are fairly accurate and actually are more detailed than the actual tv ship. Have added main rear engines, cut from plastic toy handle courtesy of the poundshop LOL. Have drilled out ends of secondary engines, yet to do main. Filling to follow, clean up gun turrets prior to glueing, add side rocket launcher faces to arms, post pics. Then onto the paintjob.

:banghead: Chris

• Like 2

The Earthforce ships are some of my favourite designs, especially the Hyperions and Omegas; shame we didn't get to see much of the Warlocks in action.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi all update on warlock, after my dog MAD Max's tail did a shadow ship job on the warlock, finally picking up the pieces and repairing it. Progressing onto finishing paint job and will post for inspection in a couple of weeks if all goes well.

Chris

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi main colour on, now detailing and highlighting, going for a combination of actual colour scheme (which is very plain) and the fan base computer graphic pics.

Rod has arrived to repair turret guns.

will get there in the end LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Only just spotted this, it's looking good. Looks like the engine cowlings are completely missing though, hope you've managed to resolve it okay. I love the B5 ship designs, and the Warlock is certainly a nice one. I may have to hunt one of these down.

• Like 1

Hi Viper, on the original Warlock there are no engine cowlings, heres some screen shots of the warlock as appeared on B5, hence going for a more detailed paint job. (These come direct from the B5 designer responsible for this ship).

You will find a lot of the Warlock images floating around are done by CG artist and posted on various forums. I did sit through a lot of DVD footage to get as far as i have.

eawarlock_lg3_zps5a636570.jpg

eawarlock_lg2_zpsddd8b23e.jpg

eawarlock_lg4_zps38a9cee9.jpg

eawarlock_lg1_zps966dbb95.jpg

All the best Chris

• Like 1