Av8 B Harrier II 1/32 Trumpeter

• 2 weeks later...

I am impressed with your efforts. As kirk said, the inside panels of the engine bay should be white. Also, the engine isn't a -408, but an older type that was either not used by the -Bs or it might be asynchronous for your paint scheme. Let's just say that around 2005 the fleet had shifted entirely to -408s, and was updating all of its -408As into -408Bs. This includes 3-4 more accessories, a wire harness assembly, a newer accessory gear box, a fuel-air cooler on the port side, and above it a round fuel tank. Lastly, the case of the front compressor is light blue.

As a former mechanic on the -408B, I applaud your effort and depth in building this one. Sorry if I seem like I'm being nit-picky about on your model, it certainly does look like the real deal when viewed in the bay! :D

Edited by exhausted
  • Like 2

I am impressed with your efforts. As kirk said, the inside panels of the engine bay should be white. Also, the engine isn't a -408, but an older type that was either not used by the -Bs or it might be asynchronous for your paint scheme. Let's just say that around 2005 the fleet had shifted entirely to -408s, and was updating all of its -408As into -408Bs. This includes 3-4 more accessories, a wire harness assembly, a newer accessory gear box, a fuel-air cooler on the port side, and above it a round fuel tank. Lastly, the case of the front compressor is light blue.

As a former mechanic on the -408B, I applaud your effort and depth in building this one. Sorry if I seem like I'm being nit-picky about on your model, it certainly does look like the real deal when viewed in the bay! :D

Thank you for the observations, are almost three years of work on this model (for lack of time though), but I'm also liking the result.

At first I had a hard time research material, nothing but photos on the net, maybe if he had entered the BM before would have gotten even better the result, thank you friend for the compliments ...

Whelp, guess my guitar skills are going to get better....after seeing this I'm going to quit building and practice more. You don't play guitar do you? :D Fantastical. :goodjob: No, no, Great job.

• Like 2

Whelp, guess my guitar skills are going to get better....after seeing this I'm going to quit building and practice more. You don't play guitar do you? :D Fantastical. :goodjob: No, no, Great job.

I do not play guitar, but I hear good classics like Van Halen, Clapton or master check back often ....

Is that plate under the engine actual metal? How did you get that finish? That finish on the engine is incredible too.

For refractive heat plates, steel plates used H -13 heated, to the actual tone burned the painting was in the Testor Metalizer...