This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
davetwin

Revell USS voyager 04801 Lighting?

Hi,

I have been admiring your lighting kits and wondered if you had any plans to do a Revell USS Voyager kit or if you could recommend one

I have had a search and can only find the trek moddelers one which is $145

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the post.

I bought the Revell Voyager kit about 3 weeks ago with the view to having a go at a lighting kit for it before I tackled the Into Darkness Enterprise.

Not sure when I will get round to it and will probably be at least a couple of months away, I need to finish off the Tornado, then the Viper Mk2 and I have a D7 kit half done.

My only concern is that the Voyager kit will be somewhere in the region of £75 and whether people would pay that for a £20 kit.

Sorry I can't be any more help at the moment.

Cheers,

Warren

Thanks for the reply

Im not in a hurry to start my voyager at the moment as I have just started my New Tool Yamato.

I will have to have a think as the lighting is not something I would know where to start with if doing it doing it myself. Hopefully someone else will be interested or if not maybe you would be able to just do instructions and advice of components needed. Just thinking out loud really

Dave,

I'm happy to help in any way I can.

A components only kit with instructions could be a way forward.

Will have a think about what it needs and post something on the thread.

Cheers,

Warren

I have just started a Voyager too with a view to lighting but you are right I wouldn't pay £70 for £20 kit. I'm the same though @Dave I can solder the wiring in parallel series thing confuses me and where to put the resistors. Fortunately for me my modelling friend can do this (and I steal his SMDS bwhahahaha) so will post some tips. This is going to take a while though cutting through the smaller windows. Done to the side bridge ones as test and that took half an hour and there was only 6!

Hi Celtic,

This lighting kit is on hold for that same reason, the time it takes to open up the windows.

Cheers,

Warren

They do exist but not that small!