Think I've just sorted how to do cable runs - due out in September

bzn20

Its called the 3Doodler.It "writes" on things and fresh air!You can build with it.It uses ABS plastic.A thin rod of ABS is fed through the barrel of the pen and heated to melting point.A cooling fan near the nib dries the ABS instantly.Watch the video on the link below.You can fill gaps, draw thin lines of ABS plastic.It costs $75.Looks like a really useful tool.

http://hexus.net/tech/news/peripherals/51861-3doodler-75-3d-pen-hits-kickstarter/

Looks like an interesting tool and one that with some work to know it's limitaions and possibilities could bennefit our hobby. Thanks for the link to the video.

Colin

• 1 year later...

A friend over on another site has just highlighted this new 3D printing pen, which is due for release in September. Watch the video at the bottom of the screen.

Think I may have found a solution to the cable runs in wheel-wells, plus fine mast work here!

Mike

There is also the 3D Doodler on Hexus.net $75 that was March last year

I cant copy and paste, me not the pen!

Edited by bzn20

• 1 year later...

Mike I think that's the old version that they're trying to clear now that 3Doodler 2.0 is available (Maplin exclusive in the UK).

Anyone got one of these yet? How does 'ABS' plastic work with our models?

£100 too much for a punt and no reviews on their site either, yet.

Well, I may be the very definition of a Luddite, but I can't see what this thing can do that a few lengths of plastic rod or lead wire + superglue wouldn't achieve...? Even in 3D! :shrug:

Outside of modelling, though, it is exactly as billed: a 3D doodler. An £85 3D doodler. :mental: