Vosper 73' MTB Type 1 (Airfix 1/72)

Right just to prove I'm doing something :winkgrin:

First off windscreen fixed

P1080012 (Copy)

Pole for aerials on stern

P1080014 (Copy)

Mast with several pieces re worked. IFF aerial new, fighting lights and steaming lights new courtesey of Scale Model Warships. Halyard pulleys new.

P1080015 (Copy)

I am pleased with the fighting lights. I drilled a hole in the bottom of the light and introduced red/green paint which gives a subtle colouring to the lights.

P1080017 (Copy)

P1080020 (Copy)

P1080021 (Copy)

P1080022 (Copy)

and of course the ensign is new printed on layout paper

P1080026 (Copy)

Thanks for looking in and I hope you enjoy the update

Kev

Edited by longshanks
  • Like 6

Thank you kindly folks!

' seadog ' I hardly think so! There is a big difference between your scratch build and my 'Airfix' Vosper on performance enhancing drugs.

' Martin ' " That's better than mucking about in that horrid old Brittany isn't it? " Yeah but Stuck gets to do both................

The light is on at the end of the tunnel thanks to your support

Kev

Thank you kindly folks!

' seadog ' I hardly think so! There is a big difference between your scratch build and my 'Airfix' Vosper on performance enhancing drugs.

' Martin ' " That's better than mucking about in that horrid old Brittany isn't it? " Yeah but Stuck gets to do both................

The light is on at the end of the tunnel thanks to your support

Kev

Well must admit it does get a bit muddy here in winter, and the place is a bit ancient,but maybe that why I like it so much :fight:

Tune in to the final stage of next Saturdays Tour De France and you can see just what I have to put up with :cow6:

Stuck, you need reminders of what paradise is, so you can appreciate it more.

Cheers Dave

Dan you were asking about Uschi / EZ Line comparison

From left to right Human hair (well my other half :winkgrin: ), Uschi superfine .001, Uschi standard .005 and EZ Line

P1080029%20Copy_zpskhz1pyau.jpg

No comparison IMHO

Kev

Edited by longshanks
  • Like 3

Thank you kindly folks!

Kev

I was referring to my Airfix type one, built a few years back! These days it lives in the loft...

Stuck, you need reminders of what paradise is, so you can appreciate it more.

Cheers Dave

Dan you were asking about Uschi / EZ Line comparison

From left to right Human hair (well my other half :winkgrin: ), Uschi superfine .001, Uschi standard .005 and EZ Line

P1080029%20Copy_zpskhz1pyau.jpg

No comparison IMHO

Kev

You are scalping your other half?!?!?!?????????????? :yikes::analintruder::yikes: Kev, this is a hobby, don't take things too seriously now :thumbsup:

The EZ-line seems to fix better than Uschi's line but has a less uniform thickness. Best stuff was some transparent line I bought from a store in Poland, to thick to use on the smaller scales though.

• Like 3

Having great difficulty in typing this as I'm now cross eyed !

I have this morning managed to complete most of the rigging with the exception of the aerials. I doff my cap to you guys building fully rigged ships, do they allow sharp tools in the institute?

The only saving grace was the Uschi thread, easy to work with. Except when you glue you super glue applicator mid way up a halyard or snip the wrong bit :banghead:

The proof as they say is in the pictures

P1080031 (Copy)

P1080032 (Copy)

P1080033 (Copy)

P1080035 (Copy)

Even managed to make some turnbuckles

P1080034 (Copy)

Thanks for looking in.............

I'm now off to lie down in a dark place

I lied, I'm going to sit in the garden in the sun with a large (very) gin & tonic

Kev

Edited by longshanks
  • Like 17

Thanks folks

Steve " If so when can I put it on my shelf? " The answer to that would be when can I expect your cheque?

Still a surprising number of jobs to do before its finished.

seadog, I've looked at that before and could not find an answer to how big a denier is ................ :banghead:

Kev

one of the best WIP's I've seen - you should have made castings of all that scratch build work as I am sure you could have created an aftermarket for them as resin options

That was a great 15 minutes running through your work - tip top