MIG-21 MA, 1/72 R.V. Aircraft

Fantastic build! Great kit, great subject and great photo's!

I would love to see a 'work in progress', because I have a few of those RV's in stock, and would like to get close to your results! :speak_cool:

greetings, Mark

Great job! I like it (to be honest I am under the spells of the mig-21 now because at this time I reached the final part of the italeri mig-21mf build:-P)

Just one question: should the air intake be such rounder in profile view ? And what is the "MA" modification? I've never heard about.

Edited by Snitok1983

Great job! I like it (to be honest I am under the spells of the mig-21 now because at this time I reached the final part of the italeri mig-21mf build:-P)

Just one question: should the air intake be such rounder in profile view ? And what is the "MA" modification? I've never heard about.

Hello Snitok,

info from wikipedia:

MiG-21MA (Izdeliye 96A, NATO "Fishbed-J") The Czechoslovak Air Force redesignated its MiG-21Ms that had been re-engined with the Tumanskiy R13-300 engine as "MiG-21MA," keeping the RP-21MA radar. Some of these were later re-equipped with the RP-22 radar - bringing it to MiG-21MF standard - and were then redesignated "MiG-21MF." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan-Gurevich_MiG-21_variants The most visible diference between MA and MF are the first two airbrakes.