Query for Lynx7 and other Westland Experts

MolarDoc

Having returned to modelling after a 30-year break, I have a couple of the 1/32 scale Revell Lynx that I intend to build a RN HAS.3 and HMA.8 (Not up to Oliver's standards though!). Having read all (I think) the recent Lynx photo posts, etc. please would an expert confirm my conclusions:

1. Regarding the HAS3:

The vast majority of operational HAS3s only had flight controls for the pilot (right hand side), however the anti-torque pedals are fitted on both sides. This would include the HAS3 assigned to HMS Endurance.

2. Regarding the HMA8:

The vast majority of operational HMA8s also only have flight controls for the pilot, however the anti-torque pedals not always present, but may be fared-over.

As far as the rear cabin goes, it seems any mix and match of equipment may be true dependent on the operational requirements. I assume the Endurance Lynxes were mainly used for the transport of equipment and personnel?

All advice appreciated.

MolarDoc.

Good afternoon Doc. Quite correct on the controls and pedals but have you been a visited the Forum heading Modern under aircraft. Tony has posted lots of info there. There are a couple of PINNED acticle all on the Lynx, then there is the Waklrounds section, page two. Also a good place for reference is Prime Portal, they have a Lynx walkround.

Anything else just ask away, I'm sure collectively we'll be able to help.

Colin

Lynx-GB-banner_zps53c18225.jpg

Many thanks Heloman,

Good evening from Adelaide!

Yes - I've looked at all the reference sections and think that I am suffering from information overload!

I couldn't work out why the left hand side pedals would be retained in the HAS3, I assume that the cyclic and collective controls could be retro-fitted if required, but the pedals would be too difficult if that option were required.

I assume that this option was permanently removed from the HMA8.

MolarDoc.

the only dual control mk8's are used on 702nas(my place of work)and they will have a full fit of controls,the sane goes for the mk3 dual, any pictures of an RN lynx with just pedals fitted on the left hand side would have been during maintainance so cyclic/collective removed for access. it is only the sticks and pedals removed for a radar fit cab,all the left hand side controls underneath the floor are just panelled over to stop the observer moving them unintentionaly, fitting/removing the controls takes 3 hrs or so but if we do that we have to change the instrument panel fit that takes 2 days with all the functionals and testing.

Bloody glad the observer doesnt have access to the controls!

Doc, welcome aboard. My area is Army Lynx so couldnt fully comment on the specific fits of the Navy cabs. You are however quite correct in your assumption that 'anything goes' in the back. Very much dependant on the role.

Many thanks to Sticky847 and Lynx7,

Looks like it's an HMA8 to start with controls only RHS - A bit of floor filling to go on the Revell floor with various fit in the back.

Next to try posting pictures in WIP - May take some time!

Thanks again.

Doc.