ESCI 1\48 Viking

hello been on the site a while but never posted anything until now.

have posted these pics on another site but found it a little snobish.

hope you enjoy and any advice would be accepted.

101_1179_zps8a5444d6.jpg

101_1181_zps5e5deb28.jpg

101_1182_zpsebaaa93f.jpg

101_1184_zps1b7e943c.jpg

101_1185_zps8601d9db.jpg

• Like 6

obviously this is a kit from way back and was an ebay purchase.

im going through a us aircraft carrier phase at the minute just finishing up a e-6 intruder.

but back to the viking when i got it and opened the box the decals were brittle and shot to say the least and seeing as my intruder is from the uss jfk i sourced some new decals from hannants so its pretty much oob with the exception of decals and eduard cockpit etch.

ive seen some planes over weathered and its not really to my taste either and partly due to me being lazy :-) this has ben weathered with just a oil pinwash rubbed with a cotton bud dipped in white spirit and dabbed till almost dry and on the hinged parts of the plane i used a tamiya weather kit the things that look a little like my good ladies makeup :-)

Edited by pau n

Thanks for all your replies.

When I say snobbish what I mean is when I put a kit up that I've built I as I suppose many of you like to get some feedback ? I don't want them raved about don't get me wrong. I've had more feedback with this one post than I have with any other posts I've posted on aeroscale. I build models for personal enjoyment and as a relaxation technique. If by chance I'm using a slightly wrong shade if grey or a panel line is two millimetres out of place then I'm not going to stress out about it. This Viking isn't suppose to have the drop tanks on it in those colours there supposed to be missiles or something but I built it anyway and really enjoyed the journey. After all isn't that what it's all about ?

Thanks for all your replies.

When I say snobbish what I mean is when I put a kit up that I've built I as I suppose many of you like to get some feedback ? I don't want them raved about don't get me wrong. I've had more feedback with this one post than I have with any other posts I've posted on aeroscale. I build models for personal enjoyment and as a relaxation technique. If by chance I'm using a slightly wrong shade if grey or a panel line is two millimetres out of place then I'm not going to stress out about it. This Viking isn't suppose to have the drop tanks on it in those colours there supposed to be missiles or something but I built it anyway and really enjoyed the journey. After all isn't that what it's all about ?

Pretty much! The purists would hate my models, I build them so they look good to my eye, not the specific exact airframe on a set operation!

I really like the clean build and the neat finish !! This one looks very carefully put together - all the joints nicely done and parts lined up perfectly. And that paint job shows you can really handle an air brush !!

Well I have to say for my first post you have made me feel very welcome.

I'm not a big fan of posting build blogs I've tried it before and kind of felt pressured maybe I'll do one in the future but for now I'll take some snaps of my other models soon.

Thanks

Well I have to say for my first post you have made me feel very welcome.

I'm not a big fan of posting build blogs I've tried it before and kind of felt pressured maybe I'll do one in the future but for now I'll take some snaps of my other models soon.

Thanks

Only start a WIP when you feel comfortable but, if my experience of mine is anything to go by, I found the process really useful on this site. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on BM who offer amazing amounts of advice and help which I have found has helped my model building no end. For example on my latest build I found some images online to help with some details but I have been given some links to other stuff I probably would never have found. As I said - take your time - have a good read of other peoples threads and see if you think you'd be okay with all the types of comments that are given. If you do put stuff out there online though you have to expect that not everyone likes everything and some people may say so. Usually though, I have found, the vast majority on here only offer support.
  • Like 1