1/48 RAF Phantom FGR-1.5

This is the Hasewaga boxing, built OOB. Decals are for a FGR1 and the model is built as an FGR2 - Oops!

My first 'properly' completed model, in as much I've tried lots of differing techniques, mottling, preshading, a wash and matt coat. Stuff I've learnt is that with Flory Wash you have to make sure you've cleaned up all the residue! Spot the matt coated residue! :P

It's missing it's wheel as I ordered some resin replacements from Hannants on the 22nd of March but they've yet to turn up! :frantic: As I don't know when they'll arrive, I'm calling it finished.

Painted with Mr Hobby acrylics and Alclad metals and clear coats. I would of liked to of stuck 4 x AIM-9s on but I don't have 4 in the stash the same.

DSCF1658_zps9818c09d.jpg

DSCF1659_zps1d09a91b.jpg

DSCF1660_zps7c3532d9.jpg

DSCF1661_zpsa8a360b8.jpg

And finally on the shelf.

DSCF1663_zps676ff30a.jpg

• Like 11

Hunter & Phantom look really great together.

Chris

Very nice indeed. :goodjob:

One minor point............. do you think it might look better with wheels on ??

Very nice indeed. :goodjob:

One minor point............. do you think it might look better with wheels on ??

When they arrive, I'm sure it will! Nigel at Hannants has yet to get back to me on when the wheels will be arriving, they were ordered on 22/03!