1/144 Revell Harrier GR7 "Lucy"

Hello again my modelling friends,

Here is my Harrier GR7. All brush painted using Humbrol enamels & weathered using Tamiya weathering packs.

Still one or two things im not happy with but each model is a chance to learn!

IMG_0193_zps5891ba25.jpg

IMG_0194_zps499457a8.jpg

IMG_0196_zps5dd89c7d.jpg

IMG_0197_zpsfaa2db8c.jpg

Thanks for looking, comments welcomed

Hockeyboy

• Like 6

Great weathering achieved here, sibtle, on the underside.

I'm with you - each model is a chance to learn, and I'm going for a few oil streaks on my current build for the first time - feel quite nervous about it.

Cheers,

Mike

Really nice build and finish, would benefit with the canopy rail between the windscreen and the actual canopy being painted, but apart from that it's spot on

An awesome model, absolutely love it, top work. The weathering is superb, really think you've captured the harrier perfectly. Next time, give painting the canopy a go, it'll make a huge difference. If you make a mistake, a cocktail stick can normally be used to knock dried paint off the areas you don't want.

A brilliant model, I truly love the Harrier :)

Just realised that it's 1/144, i thought it was the Airfix 1/72 kit! I wouldn't have attempted painting a canopy that small either! Fantastic model :)

Thanks for all the views & comments. I do usually paint the canopy. I did make her a couple of years ago. ( not a good excuse I know!)

Such a shame we don't fly them anymore. Was on Cottesmore just before it closed & saw so many harriers with wings off getting loaded into ISO containers by the Americans. (Cheap at half the price)

Edited by Hockeyboy76

Went together very well. Only issue I would say is the wing undercarriage doors. If you want them down u need to cut the doors in half which can be a bit tricky & also to large in scale. Would definitely use some thinner plasticard next time I make one.

That is very nice!!! Especially in 1/144. As I mentioned in your other thread you get a really good finish, especially for a brush painter like myself, on such a small model. Well done.

Kind regards,

Stix