Airfix 1/24th Typhoon - accuracy issues! anyone else noticed this?

Jon Kunac-Tabinor

Hi all - with deep regret I have to say, that having seen the pics of the new BIG Tiffie, it looks like Airfix have made a few shape errors. I can't believe they didn't spot these either, as its pretty obvious.

I've attempted to show these below -as its easier to overlay scetch type drawings than describe.

Gaston1tiffie_zps793eae02.jpg

gaston2tiffie_zps68a44d9b.jpg

Jonners

:thumbsup::clap2::rofl::rofl::rofl:

MrBurns_zps50fac034.jpg

"Smithers! Release the hounds..."

:thumbsup:

I've been there Trevor and got ignored. :bleh:

Come back and have another go. Be inventive and obtuse or just downright weird.

Trevor

EDIT

Shar 2 enter stage left...............

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234958880-four-word-story-3d-the-never-ending-tale/page-32#entry1618557

Ah the Hawker Typhoo! Is that the Indian T version?

Always knew those Indian chaps would see sense and dump that silly French Rafally thing contract in favour of a real mans aeroplane

Good to see the T content supporting their local industries. Their Darjeeling factory I assume? Boil up a kettle or two on those afterburners between the odd polo chukka and a spot of billiards

• Like 1

Keen eye for detail Jonners, but if you had reversed the top view photo and drawn your correct red outline the other way round, you would have seen that Airfix are not that far off. Beginners' mistake. You are forgiven.

Anyway, from one foot, it looks like a Typhoon, and that is good enough for me ...

Hubert.

What does "Behave" mean?

I'm not familiar with the word

It's the opposite of what you do :fight::wicked::tease:

Edited by jenko

More bad news chaps - just seen the box art. All I can say is Chris Thomas must have NOT been at the approval committee.....

Typhoobox_zps30c70dc2.jpg

Jonners

You think the box art is bad, have you seen the pilot figure!

Monky_1.jpg

close up!

021f4aa70c98578f01debaa68e4f4da6_thumb_8

oh come now BOB we all know the origins of this thread were the rantings of a beginer modeller complaining about a few minor issues surrounding a great aircraft, i mean just because it needs a little care and tweeking here and there i cant see why this thread has been created so a little humour has to be expected.....as for tea box art i think its teamendous ,obviously thats yorkshire below, all it needs is a pyramid bag to keep it preserved :D

You think the box art is bad, have you seen the pilot figure!

Monky_1.jpg

close up!

021f4aa70c98578f01debaa68e4f4da6_thumb_8

And there is comment that Airfix are using there own staff as inspiration for these figures. :hmmm:

• Like 1

:rofl: I see they have only inluded one engine instead of two on the actual aircraft.

I little bit off Topic but it would be awesome if the RAF did a Retro Typhoon scheme with full invasion stripes on one of their typhoons.