Airfix 1/24th Typhoon - accuracy issues! anyone else noticed this?

Jon Kunac-Tabinor

I was just about to put my order in for one until I saw this thread. I can't believe how silly I was and I thank you for pointing out the obvious shape issues and other flaws in this supposedly magnificent kit.

I seem to recall someone else drawing stuff ontop of photos to "prove" perceptions of inaccuracy. Is Jonners really Gaston Marty in disguise? Inquiring minds want to know!

Well have you ever seen them in the same room?

Just askin'

Pointy nose - yes on both

Yeah, but I think the kit's spinner is a trifle short, as your profile comparison suggests. Nothing Jonners can't fix, and as suggested, I'm sure there'll be a resin replacement out soon.

bob

Oh - it's a plane then? I was hoping for a 1/24 Typhoon Class submarine! (now that really would be something! :winkgrin: )

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

You could probably convert that to a car ferry!
  • Like 1

Oh Jonners - really what a fuss about nothing - this is nothing that a man with a hairy chest brought up on a diet of Alan Hall, FROG models with no cockpits or wheel wells, tube glue - lots of - balsa and doped talc cant fix in a jiffy.......Come now a man with your dexterity and prowess can run a few of these mild conversions off in an evening between tea and Corrie surely

Right oh - off to do my Airfix Defiant now, 5 mins, lots of glue and splash of black paint should have it done before cocoa and biscuits

• Like 2

Well, yes, you really have to give me the chance to hack up Trumpeter, Classic Airframes, and even Alley Cat Vamps (with guest appearance by CA Venom?) before giving them the green light for the Vamp we've all been waiting for (uh oh, heart palpitations...) Or just tell them to do the fat family-model ones first.

bob

Jonners dear, could you step outside for a moment? :fight:

Don't go there Jonners...............................I did ....... and now look at me :zombie:

Dick

Good job you're not a MOD then :winkgrin: as this is the sort of thread we need to counter some of the serious threads that pop up with increasing regularity, not that they are bad per se, just we need to keep our sense of humour and not lose sight that this is a FUN hobby. :frantic:

• Like 1

WELL im shocked....no one told me its supposed to be fun!! does this mean i can turn the big light on in my man cave and throw away the candle! :D

Jeeze - where have you been? Haven't you got a Tilley lamp yet??

Nick