Airfix 1/24 Hawker Typhoon on the flight line...

No supplement with the iPad Edition, does anyone know if it will be available?

Hi J:

Just a courtesy note, to let you know that I've raised the matter with Chris Clifford at AMW (although it's not something that's his direct remit or responsibility). Having asked the question, I'll let you know what I turn up.

Thanks

Steve

Edited by Dances With Wolves

I will, I will, I will...and at £99.99 (Airfix site) plus your brilliant input Steve, this will truly be a model to savour with relish ( But not piccalilli!). This model is creating such a stir that it's truly a ray of hope in such miserable and utterly contrived times.

"I will ignore the darkness, I shall seek the sunlit uplands and I shall enjoy the true pleasures of fiddling with plastic! Thank god Leonardo didn't make plastic kits, where would we all be if he did? Amen."

Lol - Have fun with that lovely bucket lister Nobby... :-)

Steve

Steve, is your article only in the print version of the magazine? I jumped eagerly onto my iPad this morning to download the electronic version of Airfix Model World and I can't see any mention of your fabulous build? The cover has a Douglas C47 Skytrain but no Typhoon?

Hi S: I have raised the question and I'll check back with the position as soon as I hear.

Thanks

Steve

Drat all the way my local WH Smiths to find the magazine wasn't in. I was told to try tomorrow, wanted to crack on with my Hercules but want the magazine too :( just have to go back into town tomorrow.

Good news for all those with the iPad/iPhone version! I've just had an alert that they've now included the supplement with this month's electronic issue.

They advise to delete the copy if you had already downloaded it and get it again.

I've done that and voila - I now have the superb Typhoon supplement. :)

Edited by Shoggz

Good news for all those with the iPad/iPhone version! I've just had an alert that they've now included the supplement with this month's electronic issue.

They advise to delete the copy if you had already downloaded it and get it again.

Thanks for advertising that.

Chris Clifford advised me of the same this morning. I was just about to post the same thing myself.

Best regards

Steve

Thanks Mal. Absolutely right on the sprayed markings - do you know anyone who could do me some masks for a shark mouth?

Steve Von Tiffie

Sorry for the late reply Steve Von Tiffie, I'm too busy writing a "first look" of this truly wonderful kit and then I will start building it so that I can get those shark mouth masks done :thumbsup:

I will also be producing camo masks and anything else that can be produced as a mask for this.

I am planning on building this one, wheels up with the prop spinning, via the electric motor (seperate purchase), and just maybe firing a rocket salvo; form my trade stand at Telford this year. I'll be with Albion Alloys and doing demos too :coolio:

• Like 2

...and then I will start building it so that I can get those shark mouth masks done :thumbsup:

Your place in Heaven is thus assured Von Maskmeister...but not to be taken up for many, many, many long years of mask-tastic production... :winkgrin:

• Like 1

Your place in Heaven is thus assured Von Maskmeister...but not to be taken up for many, many, many long years of mask-tastic production... :winkgrin:

Well apparently, due to past transgretions in my previous alter ego, it isn't! However as that isn't a consideration of mine I care not :bouncy: However I do hope to be producing masks for quite a while yet as there is most of the modelling community to convert to their use :thumbsup:

Well apparently, due to past transgretions in my previous alter ego, it isn't! However as that isn't a consideration of mine I care not :bouncy: However I do hope to be producing masks for quite a while yet as there is most of the modelling community to convert to their use :thumbsup:

Yeah, they say a bouncing Gif is worth a 1,000 words...

'They' also say a mask is worth 1,000 decals...

'They' need to get back to work... :-(

I'm not an emotional man - but I almost wept when I saw this. Incredible work - everything about this model is first class, A+++++. Will never build one now though, I would feel so inadequate :winkgrin:

If you don't build one I'll send the boys round! Thanks for the thumbs up - if it's anywhere on your radar give it a go. The finishes you see are easy - I'm a simpleton, so only do 'simple'. Occum's Razor rules.

Wish you well with yours... ;-)

Steve

Astonishingtoness in the extreme! :blink2:

Cripes a bloomin' mighty, that is a beauty. Thanks for sharing her Steve.

I applaud Airfix for having the courage and conviction to bring this jewel to market :clap:

I hope it as much of a success as it deserves to be and heralds more of the same.

Excellentio

Ah thanks a lot.

:thumbsup:

Astonishingtoness in the extreme! :blink2:

Cripes a bloomin' mighty, that is a beauty. Thanks for sharing her Steve.

I applaud Airfix for having the courage and conviction to bring this jewel to market :clap:

I hope it as much of a success as it deserves to be and heralds more of the same.

Excellentio

Thanks G - not long now before the shutters on the warehouse roll up and Typhoons start making their way to their temporary homes on stockist shelves...

Steve

• Like 1

I only discovered this thread after I'd read the review build in the AMW supplement. I was impressed with the photos in the printed magazine but the ones on here are just stunning. Plus, with the ability to zoom in... :Tasty:

I've had the kit on pre-order from Wonderland since it was announced and now I've ordered the 'How to Build...' book as well.

Who said building models was for kids?

Forgot to ask - I realise from the build article that the engine cowlings aren't removable and you have to make a choice early on whether or not to include them. But is it in any way possible to leave the wing upper surfaces loose so that gorgeous internal structure detail can be displayed?

Forgot to ask - I realise from the build article that the engine cowlings aren't removable and you have to make a choice early on whether or not to include them. But is it in any way possible to leave the wing upper surfaces loose so that gorgeous internal structure detail can be displayed?

Hi Gordon:

I guess it's theoretically possible but you would lose much needed structural bracing. It's a heavy model and (in my view) needs the additional strength of permanent attachment. The under cart would also bear against the forward spar, itself unsupported by being 'locked' against the inside of the upper wing halves.

Airfix make no provision for it but notwithstanding that it'll boil down to making decisions 'on the ground', when you have the kit in hand. You might consider a compromise in opening panels inboard of the gun bays but whatever you elect to do, it'll be great to see, so good luck with it.

Best regards

Steve

I only discovered this thread after I'd read the review build in the AMW supplement. I was impressed with the photos in the printed magazine but the ones on here are just stunning. Plus, with the ability to zoom in... :Tasty:

I've had the kit on pre-order from Wonderland since it was announced and now I've ordered the 'How to Build...' book as well.

Who said building models was for kids?

:)