Airfix 1/24 Hawker Typhoon on the flight line...

I also succumbed and pre ordered at half past midnight last night. Still got the 1/24 mossie and the mk,v spitfire in the stash too....going to have to get my head down and get one of them underway

Going to need lots of thread to hang them all from the bedroom ceiling :-)

By the lord and holy cow... seriously i have goose bumbs and fingers are shaking i can barely type.. The kit for sure is absolutely amazing, but what you could do with it is mindblowing... if i ll ever be able to do something 10% as nice, i would be proud... Seriously pure awesomnes. So clean build, awesome looking weathering and detailing.. One could easy use your build as reference.. :) Seems i m going to save money now for this awesome kit, though its more than sure it ll be a LOT worse than your, but still the kit looks very fun to build.

Btw,in the Airfix modelling review or what you mentioned, there ll be "WIP" stuff about how you did build this beauty? Because it would be amazing and probably for the first time in my life i woudl feel i have to get some magasine just to read that..

Thanks W (and to the other folks that've dropped by).

The build article covers off the pointers I felt would benefit the build - there's that aspect, plus Chris Thomas's companion piece, that is absolutely first class - plus all the other good stuff in the main mag. There's always something in a build to watch for - I found one significant point in particular, so the right decision is...

I have no need to buy this kit: it's the wrong scale, it doesn't fit into my modelling theme, I have minimal interest in the Tiffie, it's too damned big, it costs too much and I'm fighting the impulse all the way.........but I know in the end my resistance will crumble and I'll get one. Dammit.

Max

I have no need to buy this kit: it's the wrong scale, it doesn't fit into my modelling theme, I have minimal interest in the Tiffie, it's too damned big, it costs too much and I'm fighting the impulse all the way.........but I know in the end my resistance will crumble and I'll get one. Dammit.

Max

:rofl:

You the second person on two modelling sites who has said a well known Liverpool shop have it at £70 when it is really £80

Still a good buy at £80 though

It was £70 when first listed as pre-order.

I think they then realised they might want to make a bit of profit so upped it to £80.

BB

I think they then realised they might want to make a bit of profit so upped it to £80.

BB

Still looks like great VFM and cheaper than Airfix themselves by some margin.

I am just wondering if they will be able to fulfil all their pre-orders in one go.

• Like 1

Actually, the obvious candidate is some 1/24th scale groundcrew to be swarming all over it and giving all of that lovely detail some context!

After that I'd be happy with a Spitfire IX/XVI or XIV in that scale.

Wez

Well said. my thoughts exactly. I've seen PSP in PE, expensive if you're going to mount on that, but as to options on ground crew, perhaps arming up or, maintenance in the field or, both as separate kits. Anyway, thank you guys and gals at Airfix...I'm so chuffed you've made a comeback! :thumbsup:

The Airfix Model World and supplement arrived today - a very informative read...and probably essential if you are planning on building one.

Thanks S - and I'd add that I'm always happy to field queries about the build from anyone acquiring the kit. Just drop me a line at [email protected]

:-)

Steve

Cheers mate thank you . Off to the shop tomorrow morning for me.

:-)

WOW! that's awesome! :goodjob:

Thanks for that N :-)

Steve

You the second person on two modelling sites who has said a well known Liverpool shop have it at £70 when it is really £80

Still a good buy at £80 though

BB

I've just checked my order confirmation and can confirm the price at the time of order was £70

Still looks like great VFM and cheaper than Airfix themselves by some margin.

I am just wondering if they will be able to fulfil all their pre-orders in one go.

I agree, it certainly does look like great value.

Wez

• Like 1

Steve, is your article only in the print version of the magazine? I jumped eagerly onto my iPad this morning to download the electronic version of Airfix Model World and I can't see any mention of your fabulous build? The cover has a Douglas C47 Skytrain but no Typhoon?

I picked up a copy of the magazine this morning - the Typhoon build and information is in the supplement that the magazine is bagged with. Not had chance to have a proper read through yet but at first glance it looks well worth getting. I have no idea whether the supplement will appear for the iPad etc.

Future modelling happiness depends on substituting 'might' for 'will' lol. Hope you get to enjoy one S ;-)

Steve :-)

I will, I will, I will...and at £99.99 (Airfix site) plus your brilliant input Steve, this will truly be a model to savour with relish ( But not piccalilli!). This model is creating such a stir that it's truly a ray of hope in such miserable and utterly contrived times.

"I will ignore the darkness, I shall seek the sunlit uplands and I shall enjoy the true pleasures of fiddling with plastic! Thank god Leonardo didn't make plastic kits, where would we all be if he did? Amen."

Edited by Nobby57
  • Like 1