Airfix 1/24 Hawker Typhoon on the flight line...

Wow! Absolutely stunning work and thank you so much for sharing here, on BM, as a sneak peek before the magazine comes out! :worthy:

I don't know much about the Typhoon and the thought of a 1/24 kit scares the hell out of me me but if I could aspire to get anywhere near what you have done, this is one kit that will definitely be going in to the stash. :goodjob:

My biggest enemy.....myself......what the eye sees the fingers want......I thank my lucky stars that this kit is far, far beyond my reach in every area....so I will be gloating and swooning over this magnificent kit,and subsequent build until the next one....thank you for the excitement value, I have enjoyed that part immensely...

Will add my WOW as well, have been looking forwards to seeing what this kit will look like when someone first gets to build one and i must say you have done an absolutely cracking job on it - thanks for sharing!

Not sure what the initial production run will be, however judging by this threads popularity I'd say those that have not preordered one may be a little disappointed.

I believe a follow-on modellers guide publication, similar to what Tamiya has been doing with their 1/32 kits would also be a best seller - penned by our very own Mr. C. Thomas of course.

Cheers.. Dave

http://adhpublishing.com/shop/store/products/new-how-to-build-the-airfix-124-typhoon-mk-ib/

• Like 1

Well out of the 4 models I have actually completed since my return to modelling 10 years ago one is the MDC 1/32nd Typhoon and the other the new AIrfix 1/72nd Typhoon. Guess I am going ti be adding a 1/24th scale monster to the collection.

Fabulous build of what looks like a brilliant model.

Holy Cow! I thought it looked good in the prototype stage, but with paint on it looks astounding! just going online to pre-order now.

A credit to the modeller and Airfix.... :goodjob:

WOW,just ordered mine from Hattons,will look stunning next to the mossie,and the VFS P-47

by the way ,it's the law to paint it with invasion stripes

Andy

Edited by Torchy

I have to add my admiration for an excellent looking build.

Love the detailed skin texture - looks excellent. I hope somebody comes up with some 1:24 accessories/figures to go with this... Iconicair will need to upscale their accumulator trolley to go with this :)

Hmmm, now where would the cotton wool fit in...

Crikey on a stick!

I love it. Not my scale (or price bracket lol) but that is a Thing of Great Beauty.

The surface rendering is sublime even down to the dimpled and rippled skin effect.

If this is the not quite the finished release I wonder what that would look like?!

Trevor the envious

That is very nice, both the kit and the build! The first ever model kit that I chose for myself was a 1/72 Airfix Typhoon that I got at a trip to Cosford aerospace museum when I was little and I've had a soft spot for the thing ever since, even if the reason I got it was because it was the closest thing to a Spitfire in the shop that I could afford...

Martin Ridge, New Product Manager, expressed the view to me that the Tiffie raises the question 'how do we top this' but from my perspective - they will. I'm as interesting as you are, to see where the product line goes next ;-)

Time to dig out the 1/48 Vulcan rumours again? :P Actually it'd be nice to see a new 1/24 jet. I'd be delighted by a Gnat (doesn't seem entirely impossible) or a Sea Hawk (seems very unlikely) in that scale.