Luftwaffe Bomber Trio 1:48, Airfix Stuka Ju87-B, Revell Bf110 G2 , Me262 FINISHED

That looks fantastic, I was looking for a decent Stuka in 1/48 for an idea I have, looks like the Airfix kit will do just fine.

The only downside is the raised rivets and panel lines. The cockpit lacks a bit of detail and the canopy should come in more parts but the kit is great for its age.

What a great result! With a big design like your snake it can look a bit false, but yours looks well integrated.

Regards,

Adrian

Thanks, I think the key is good decal setting (I used microsol for the first time on this model) and the post decal weathering, the all over filter helped to pull back the colours and integrate the decals.

Edited by Jherek

Ok, It's finished, I have to get up early tomorrow so I don't have time to photograph it properly.

I'll do this tomorrow evening, rather than post a poor image, I'll leave you with this 'instagramed' image as proof I finished before the deadline -

unnamed_zps0ce3fd7d.jpg

Shame the me262 didn't make it. I think you would have liked the planned camo scheme, I will of course finish it and post the results in this thread if I can.

Thanks Mark, and thanks for a great group build!

• Like 1

Well, I rushed the last bit, lost a few antenna bits to the carpet, broke off the under fuselage aerial and thought I could spray matt without masking (you shouldn't). This model could have done with more weathering, more exhaust soot? and general a little more time in the final stages. Not 100% happy but it's ok.

IMG_5533_zps9d44c566.jpg

IMG_5545_zps0ce6f6f8.jpg

IMG_5539_zps3c03041c.jpg

IMG_5541_zpscb232ac5.jpg

IMG_5535_zpsb6c72305.jpg

Thanks for the comments!

• Like 6

So sorry to hear about the troubles with finishing it Jherek, but the 110 looks awesome! Realy nice work . And wow you are making realy great photos!!! i ll have to ask you one day how you do that, using some profi setup or so? :) Back to the 110, i like the matt finish, what varnish have you used for it?

• Like 1

So sorry to hear about the troubles with finishing it Jherek, but the 110 looks awesome! Realy nice work . And wow you are making realy great photos!!! i ll have to ask you one day how you do that, using some profi setup or so? :) Back to the 110, i like the matt finish, what varnish have you used for it?

Hi Wolwe, Thanks for the kind comments, the photos are taken with a Canon DSLR using a white card as background and a cloudy sky for lighting :) PM if you want more details. The matt varnish is Windsor and Newton Galleria Matt, which is very nice.

• Like 1

Windsor and Newton are making artistic oil paints, right? Just asking, what kind of varnish is that? I mean, if it is enamel or acrylic based? About the photos i ll definitely ask you later, but i need to get some camera first, making photos with my basic phone now so theres nothing much to set :)

• Like 1

It's acrylic based varnish. As for cameras, get one that gives you control over aperture, shutter etc. preferably with manual mode.

• Like 1

Thanks, i ll have a look around, but need to save for it first :) Last question about the varnish , what are you using for thinning it? Can you use some classic modelling thinner or need some special W N?

• Like 1

That 110 looks absolutely awesome. You must be really happy with the finish, surely despite the last minute problems.

Excellent job.

Tom.

Edited by Tomjw
  • Like 1