Luftwaffe Bomber Trio 1:48, Airfix Stuka Ju87-B, Revell Bf110 G2 , Me262 FINISHED

Final assembly of me262/bf110 pits into fuseluge pending, some detail shots before I close them up!

IMG_5198_zps59d0ad91.jpg

IMG_5200_zpsc8b5a119.jpg

IMG_5202_zps5377f872.jpg

IMG_5203_zpsc4b36982.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• Like 4

Can anyone who has built this model (or similar), tell me if the instrument panel is in the correct position?

IMG_5204_zps585d4bfc.jpg

Three fuselages assembled. Next, wings, masking, primer and then paint paint paint!

IMG_5205_zpsa164844f.jpg

Most the assembly is done now and the parts are mostly primed or primed and painted, soon the fun will start with three very different camo schemes - more on this later.

• Like 4

This is great. How you keep track of things is beyond me. Keep up the good work and keep posting. I'm loving this.

Tom.

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing the paint fly.

Unfortunately I forgot to mention the F-word - probably one of my least favourite bits of modelling.

The raised rivets and the slighty dodgy fit of the airfix kit will make it hard to do the stuka.

This is great. How you keep track of things is beyond me. Keep up the good work and keep posting. I'm loving this.

Tom.

Thanks Tom, I have two 'really useful boxes' 12"x3"x3" which I store painted and unpainted parts in. The decals are in my modelling folder in a plastic pocket and any large sections or remaining spures are in one of the boxes, simples!

Edited by Jherek

I like looking at you work :) but still building 3 planes at the same time is challenging. I hope that you will not mix parts between the models . bf110 with stuka wings would look funny

So keep up the good work and I am waiting for more

cheers

Edited by sdk_uk
  • Like 1

Can anyone who has built this model (or similar), tell me if the instrument panel is in the correct position?

IMG_5204_zps585d4bfc.jpg

Yes it is. There was aspace between the panel and the fuselage.

Cheers,

• Like 1

IMG_5213_zps647e7d5b.jpg

Still more filler to go on, but I plan to get the primer on this evening.

At the moment I'm using 'Humbrol Model Filler' which I find hard to work with as it seemed to become unworkable after two minutes...

Any recommendations for filler?

Si

• Like 1

That's seriously quick work and I like the interiors. Sorry I came a bit late to this thread - I have the Aero Detail Stuka book and could've probably answered questions about the interior.

In case it helps, here's my D cockpit (Hasegawa + Eduard + a few cables) which I remember as being close to the pictures in the book, since I was using it as reference while building:

6852238554_d27f66530d_b.jpg

Looking forward to your exterior paintwork!

Cheers,

Will

• Like 1

That's seriously quick work and I like the interiors. Sorry I came a bit late to this thread - I have the Aero Detail Stuka book and could've probably answered questions about the interior.

In case it helps, here's my D cockpit (Hasegawa + Eduard + a few cables) which I remember as being close to the pictures in the book, since I was using it as reference while building:

Looking forward to your exterior paintwork!

Cheers,

Will

Thanks Will, That cockpit puts my modelling to shame! Excellent work! Also - love the photography. I've invested in white A1 card from the art shop today and I'm going to try the get the high key style nailed.

They look good.

For filling I use either Mr Surfacer sanded down or IPA & cotton buds, citadel liquid green stuff or run some ca down the gap and lightly apply baby powder over the glue. Within a couple of minutes it is ready to sand. This method is quick & really great for covering distance of seem lines.

• Like 1

Another couple of filler recommendations: I really like Tamiya Putty "Basic Type" for filling seams, sink marks and dents. You can thin it or wipe it away with lacquer thinner, and it tapers really nicely. Apply in thin layers and it dries quicker and shrinks less.

I like CA glue as well (with accelerator) but it's a bit of a double-edged sword. It's very easy to leave it too long, or sand it badly and end up with blobs of raised glue with sanded-down plastic around them (like I did on the bottom of my hull).

Will

• Like 1

They look good.

For filling I use either Mr Surfacer sanded down or IPA & cotton buds, citadel liquid green stuff or run some ca down the gap and lightly apply baby powder over the glue. Within a couple of minutes it is ready to sand. This method is quick & really great for covering distance of seem lines.

What is IPA?

IMG_5233_zps885a0519.jpg

Right, half a can of tamiya fine surfacer primer later...

Time to go to Hendon! See you there :thumbsup:

• Like 2

IMG_5267_zps6f1f626c.jpg

Great day out at Hendon! The family really enjoyed it and I bought a 1/24 Airfix Fw190 as a project to do with my son.

On return I've painted all the under surfaces with RLM 76 Lichtblau. The stuka is primer side up for contrast..

• Like 3

I was just thinking about my next coat of paint and I've realised two things.

1) I've forgotten to preshade the models. No wonder the paintjob looks really bland :(

2) The stuka is supposed to be RLM 65 not RLM 76 on the unsurface

Argh....

I've pre-shaded and repainted this evening. RLM 76 or RLM 65 for desert luftwaffe, the jury is out. I'll stick with RLM 76.

• Like 1