Aftermarket F4-C Cockpit

spike7451

I'm working on the old Revell/Monogram Phantom F4-C at the moment,the cockpit tub has the seat pan's moulded it & tbh,the seat backs look quite cr@p!...

So I've been looking on the web for an aftermarket one,can I find a set?..Can I buggery!!

All for the Hasagawa one....

Any help appreciated.

This is the one I have;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Revell-F-4-C-D-Phantom-II-1-48-/111331748482?pt=UK_ToysGames_ModelKits_ModelKits_JN&hash=item19ebe3aa82

Aires do 1/48th cockpit sets for the Hasegawa and Academy kits, with a bit of fettling and plastic thinning they should fit eventually, nothing else though.

• Like 1

I've been slowly working on trying to getting a True Details set into a F-4J but it's on hold at the moment. It's meant for the Hasegawa kit and so far has needed a fair bit of thinning, especially the floor. The only one specifically made for the Monogram/Revell kit is by Legend http://www.www-legend.co.kr/03_aero01.html?table=product&st=view&page=2&id=176&limit=&keykind=&keyword=&bo_class=3&fpage=&spage= . I think that you have to cut the fuselage away to get it to fit. There's nothing for their F-4C though.

The kit cockpit is fairly decent and with careful cutting you can get the seat base out then rebuild the console walls and floor with plasticard and use an Eduard set to add extra detail.

• Like 1

Thanks,

I think I'll go with removing the seat,adding details or bunging a couple growbags in the pit...It's a 'get my modeling mojo' back project...(One of three on the go cuz I can;t seem to get fully mojo'd...)