Another Revell (ICM) 1/48 Mk.XVI Spitfire - All Finished

I just noticed that Dreamcatcher had posted a last post in his Mk.XVI WIP thread so thought I'd better do the same.

Right - this one is now complete - a couple of photos here:

15437835450_86c7e690bf_c.jpg

15624266582_cdd34d8286_c.jpg

And there's more to be found here in the RFI section: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234969553-another-148-revell-icm-mkxvi-spitfire/#entry1772788

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this WIP, especially Dreamcatcher and Miggers.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 6

Wow, what an incredible build, just been through this one from page 1.

Just when you think the aircraft looks fantastic, along comes the ground crew and other bits - this is a prime example of just how much can be added by a diorama setting - stunning work. :goodjob:

• Like 1

Hi One-Two, Miggers and TPReggie. Thank you for your very kind comments.

Told you she'd look good with the groundies on the spanners :thumbsup:

Yes you did!! Thank you again.

Wow, what an incredible build, just been through this one from page 1.

Just when you think the aircraft looks fantastic, along comes the ground crew and other bits - this is a prime example of just how much can be added by a diorama setting - stunning work. :goodjob:

This is only my second diorama (the first being for the recent D-Day Group Build) but I do think, like you, that they do add something to how the model looks when on display. Only problem is that a scene like this takes up more space on the very limited area I have for displaying the kits!

Thank you again.

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix

Thank you Val for your kind comments.

I have just added some black and white versions of a few of the photos to the RFI section but here's a couple more:

15038660384_3532020a9a_c.jpg

15038660444_ebaa40d4d9_c.jpg

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 4

I keep missing all these great builds, I need to pay attention more! Wow, Stix, this is superb. The figures and the base really accent the model, what a great idea and superb execution. More! What's next? :):):)

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

Hi Bill. Thank you for dropping in and thank you for your very kind comments.

Next I'm currently making two 1/48 Mk.Vb Spitfires - one from Tamiya and the new one from Airfix.

Kind regards,

Stix

• 3 years later...

Thanks for posting the link in your Tiger thread, I've not seen this before as it was a few months before I joined the site. Concerning you were apprehensive about build her she turned out very well, now look at you there's no stopping your fantastic builds.

• Thanks 1

On 11/05/2018 at 19:01, Ozzy said:

Thanks for posting the link in your Tiger thread, I've not seen this before as it was a few months before I joined the site. Concerning you were apprehensive about build her she turned out very well, now look at you there's no stopping your fantastic builds.

No problem Ozzy. Yes this build, at the time, turned out to be quite a big project - where I discovered how amazing the support was on BM and how useful it was to build a model at the same time another modeller is doing something similar. It certainly helped me with my modelling confidence.

On 11/05/2018 at 22:17, Azgaron said:

Excellent build and lovely looking dio! :)

Håkan

Hi Håkan and thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

Blimey Stix, I saw this on 'new content ' and thought I'd completely missed one of your builds!

Any plans for more wingey things in the near future?

John

Hi John. Yes it is a bit of a blast from the past isn't it?! I posted a link in another thread of mine because someone was asking to see a thread another fellow Britmodeller was involved in.

I have just finished an aircraft build and the result can be seen here:

I seem to do most of my builds in the GB section these days and my next planned aircraft build is in the P-47 Thunderbolt STGB. Hopefully I will get time to do it!

Any more flying in Spitfires planned?

Take care.

Kind regards,

Stix 

• 1 month later...

Just came across this build and after reading all the negative comments about the ICM Spit, you'd never know it looking at this one by Stix.  Simply stunning.   Linking to this so I can use it as a reference when I build mine.   Congrats sir!  

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 17:19, Don said:

Just came across this build and after reading all the negative comments about the ICM Spit, you'd never know it looking at this one by Stix.  Simply stunning.   Linking to this so I can use it as a reference when I build mine.   Congrats sir!  

Hi Don and thank you very much for your very kind comments. The ICM Spitfire does take a bit of work but it does make up very well with a bit of patience. I thoroughly enjoyed building mine. I hope yours goes well when you start it. Be sure to let me know when you do as I will follow along.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1