very nice and very different' great job.

regards oz!.

• 2 weeks later...

I have around 6 to 10 more pictures of this model but cannot get them from photobucket to this thread. a friend got these 2 on for me. I have the boom rig on the front, 2 or 3 of the full interior, & the removable top, & like things. The 2 pictures here are just scratching the surface on this model.. Once I get so I can transfer pictures again I will post the rest. Carl T

• Like 1

By way of describing the model. It is based on the old 1/48th scale Bandai M16 gun vehicle. I had been wanting to build the model since I read a build article in the April 1980 issue of Military Modelling magazine, & a later one in 1987 in another magazine. Both were done in 1/35th scale using the Tamiya kit. Both articles had plans, one with the interior. I delayed building the model so long because the removable top has so many angles to cut & fit. The whole model turned to be realitively easy to make. I think I did a passable job on the whole thing. Carl T

• Like 1

To give you a better idea of what you are looking at. In both pictures, at the very front of the model, you can see the bottom of the jib boom that sets on the bumper. The wires running up at an angle, from behind the door on both sides, go to the top of the boom and act as a support for it. The boom was used to remove tank motors or gun barrels where the tank may have broken down. This vehicle was used by the British army only, & was in service from about 1950 to sometime in the 1970's. To go back to the model, on the back end what you see as an extention in the base tan color in the top picture & light grey in the bottom one, is the open door with a window in it. The 7 Jerry cans that are on the 2 sides are scratchbuilt & have 3 brass wire handles in each/ one. The base color is a light tan. The model is now on display at the local hobby shop, & it took 3 place in the only contest I entered it in. Carl T

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...