Hi,

Here is my last model.
It is my second HPM Mirage after the egyptian one.

top_001.jpg

The Israel Aircraft Industries Nesher (IAI Nesher) is the Israeli version of the Dassault Mirage 5 multi-role fighter aircraft. It was built by IAI after the French government arms embargo on Israel (in response to the 1968 Israeli raid on Lebanon). Israel coundn't replace their lost planes during the Six Days Wars. So, they decided to build their own plane based on the Mirage. Production began in 1969 and the first plane was delivered in 1971. The plane took then the name of Nesher (Raam previously).

At the end of 1970, the Kfir became replaced the Nesher and Israel decided to sold the survivors aircrafts to the Argentine Air Force under the name Dagger, comprising 35 Dagger A single-seat fighters and 4 Dagger B two-seat trainers.

During the 1982 Falklands War, they were deployed to the southern naval airbase of Río Grande, Tierra del Fuego, and an airfield in Puerto San Julián and despite the distance to their targets and lack of aerial refueling capability, managed to make 153 sorties against both ground and naval targets on the 45 days of operations. In the last role, they damaged HMS Antrim, Brilliant, Broadsword, Ardent, Arrow and Plymouth.Eleven Daggers were lost in combat (nine by AIM-9L Sidewinders fired from Sea Harriers and two by surface to air missiles).

top_002.jpg

High Planes brought out in the 2000s a first short-run model plastic. Very rustic, it was very accurate and was a good alternative to the Heller, very accurate too but with poor details.

A totally new model of Mirage IIIE was studied at the beginning of 2011. Halfway between a short-run and an industrial model, this new model went out in 2012.

Its high qualities are a wide choice of options allowing the realization of most of the versions of the Mirage III / 5 / 50 and derived with the same box. The model is also very well thought, easy to assembly, except the nose/cockpit which is delicate to match. Decorations proposed are also very pleasant. The partnership with PJ Production allows to have European high-quality versions also.

Its main defect is its engraving. Announced as an all new model, everybody dreamt about a definitive Mirage IIIE model. Not al all !! This engraving is too deeper and too smooth. Nevertheless, this model allows the realization of a completely attractive model.

At the end, we can thank High Planes for having produced this model, making accessible in a modern boitage a version until now reserved for only Heller.

top_003.jpg

Building this plane was very classic by following the assembly plan. The fitting is pretty good.

Like my Egyptian Mirage, this is a three tones schemes. The scheme with yellow parts comes from identification marks from Falklands Isles War en 1982. Paints are all Gunze and decals are all coming from the box. I only added an armement set from Freightdog Models with the three tanks and two 250 lbs bombs. Very classic configuration for Argentina during this period but not common otherwise.

Mat varnish for finish. Happy with the result.

Next one will be a french Mirage 5F. It will be my third HPM Mirage.

top_004.jpg

top_005.jpg

top_006.jpg

top_007.jpg

top_008.jpg

top_009.jpg

You will find more photos there. And the building is there

Alain.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

All sin,

PHENOMENAL build with INCREDIBLY SUPERB photographs..I looked at the photos and thought , okay where is the model.

That just shows how AMAZING and realistic your IAI Dagger A looks . Love the scheme too.

I think THIS is the best display ever..

:clap::thumbsup::yahoo:

It's simply GORGEOUS.

:heart::heart::wub:

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

• Like 1

A superb finished model shown off to great effect by the excellent photographs. The background really makes the model stand out.

I followed your build on maquettes72 site and you have got the very best out of the High Planes kit. Well done.

I look forward to seeing your Armee de L'air 5F build.

Do you ever display your models at SMW show in Telford? You would be very welcome to show off your work on the Mirage SIG display tables.

Many thanks for sharing your finished build

Zhizhou