WGr.2 Rocket Pods for Revell Me-109G. 1:32

Messerschmitt Me109G WGr.21. Rocket Pods

Brassin 1:32

pack.jpg

Brassin Set 632034
Just when I thought that Eduard couldn’t produce anything else for the Revell 1:32 Me109G kit they go and release this set of WGr.21 Rocket Pods. Packaged in a clear styrene bubble pack with a layer of protecting foam, the set provides parts for two rocket pods, one for each wing. Each pod is made up of the tube, rocket and aerodynamic nose cone, plus the bracing stays. The cast details are really well done, being very fine and realistic, even to the point that Eduard make a note that the seam down the side of each tube must not be sanded away as it is the weld seam and is meant to be there. The set is easy to use, it’s just a matter of removing the parts from the casting blocks, a quick clean up with a sanding sponge, then assemble.

parts.jpg

Each rocket has a PE base glued to the rocket motor end, slide the rocket into the tube then attach two PE rings to the rear of the tube, and the optional aerodynamic nose cone is then attached. The suspension lug is then fitted to the midpoint of the tube and the bracing struts applied to their respective positions. A brass template is provided to scribe the lower wing panels and drill the holes for the struts and suspension hook. With this done the PE suspension hook and plate are attached to the wing along with the pods themselves, followed by the PE wire running from the rear of the pod, down the rear left inboard strut and into the wing, job done.

Conclusion
If you want to add extra weaponry to the lovely Revell 1:32 G-6/G-10 then this is certainly one way to go. With the beautifully moulded details it will certainly enhance an already great looking kit.

Highly recommended

bin.jpg

Review sample courtesy of
logo.gif