Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Finally getting around to posting this build which I've been working on for about a month on and off. All being well it should be completed by the deadline for this GB.

Thoughts on the kit: I'm pretty happy with it all said. The detail is refined and crisp, the resin adds a certain something, and it goes together well for a limited run kit. The only bits that I've had significant trouble with have been fitting the tub to the fuselage and installing the instrument panel, both of which were probably my fault. For reasons best known to myself I decided to try to force the fuselage together as I found the cockpit floor seemed to be a bit wide, and I ended up with horrendous cracking all the way up one side of the fuselage. I stabilised this with some CA and made good with filler and you can't see anything now so all's well that ends well. The other problem was the instrument panel, I think I fitted it at the wrong stage and really struggled to get it into the cockpit. I ended up having to shave bits off the edges to get it to sit right, it's still not great but passes casual inspection. I realise that the panel is incorrect for a T5 but I'm not too fussed as the canopy with be closed.

DSCN0357.jpg

DSCN0361.jpg

DSCN0375.jpg

DSCN0429.jpg

DSCN0422.jpg

DSCN0424.jpg

DSCN0434.jpg

DSCN0435.jpg

DSCN0455.jpg

I've just sprayed the intakes and will be fitting them next. After that, it's decalling and adding aerials etc.

Cheers

Liam

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys. Had a big push tonight and I'm calling this one done.

DSCN0473.jpg

DSCN0471.jpg

RSCN0469.jpg

And along with the rest of the boys:

DSCN0474.jpg

Apologies for the not terribly good photos, I'm a bit fried tonight.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a beautifully finished Provost, one to be really proud of (along with the rest of your impressive collection!)

Max

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks all. Red is by tamiya, shininess is down to good priming with tamiya fine surface primer and then a mix of tamiya flat paints with tamiya gloss clear and cellulose thinner. The surfaces then had a small amount of buffing to bring out the gleam.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 11 months later...
×
×
  • Create New...