Spitfire XIV Diorama - Spitfire XIV's 1/72 Fujimi (NEW PICS)

Hi all,

I've posted these models before, however, the good weather gave me an opportunity to take some much better photos.

013_zpsc39103fe.jpg

012_zpsfba2fc73.jpg

011_zpseb4af407.jpg

006_zps0e807ba1.jpg

005_zps6812118d.jpg

004_zps38ae65dc.jpg

003_zpsd9c33474.jpg

E1b_zpse5bea277.jpg

E2B_zpsc4eab9a0.jpg

IMG_9319_zps639237d7.jpg

better_zpsd76c2941.jpg

All 1/72, all Fujimi Spitfire XIV ;)

Thanks for looking,

Ben

Edited by wellsprop
  • Like 20

• 3 weeks later...

Truly inspirational. I'm so looking forward to getting back into modelling. Never tried dioramas before but I think I'm going to have to have a go.

• Like 1

Truly inspirational. I'm so looking forward to getting back into modelling. Never tried dioramas before but I think I'm going to have to have a go.

Thanks for the compliment :) I've always found diorama's to be very enjoyable and well worth the time.

Ben

• 4 months later...

I did like these the first time around but they look even better in these pics,.....I especially like the diorama,

Cheers

Tony

Cheers Tony!

I actually took inspiration from some of your Spitfire builds I had seen, that was what motivated me to put so much effort into NH915 EB-H which led to the diorama and MV260 EB-P :)

Ben

Really nice looking diorama and clean built. What grass did you use? Is this the pouring grass from train modelling?

Cheers, the grass was from a grass matt for train layouts. I scraped the grass away from the plastic matting before painting the base different shades of brown. I then sprayed the base with hairspray and poured on a little grass before tipping off the excess grass then spraying again (this step was repeated several times until the grass was suitably thick and stuck on).

Ben

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Smartly done....I like your tweaks to the figures, nice touch. :coolio:

Cheers Sgt!

really great figures from Preiser, thinking of adding a dog to the scene (not glueing it permanently though), after all, you often see photos of RAF sqns in the 40's with their squadron dog ;)

Ben

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Dragging up an old thread here, I managed to find some pictures that my girlfriend edited a while back. I quite like them, they look pretty authentic for 1/72 scale :)

E1b_zpse5bea277.jpg

E2B_zpsc4eab9a0.jpg

Hope someone out there likes it!

Ben

Edited by wellsprop
  • Like 1

Great work Ben... Hard to believe they're 1/72!

How did you get the 'spinning prop' effect in the flying picture? Or am I being dumb?

BTW, I find you redhead signature panel very distracting.... Keeps stopping my scroll (oooo missus!)

• Like 1