1/72 Falcon FGR.1

Cookenbacher

Thanks for asking Thomas, here it is:

IMG_0480_zpsb638de99.jpg

I mixed a little brown, black and a drop of silver tempera and brushed it on, then wiped it off leaving a sheen behind. It may be too subtle (also hard to capture on camera - for me at least), but the actual effect is pretty subtle too. I also mixed some slightly lighter Dk Sea Grey and Dk Green and painted a few panels here and there to kind of break up the scheme a little. Need to sand everything with some very fine grit and get it ready for decals.

• Like 3

Looks very cool. I have actually long fancied doing this myself. Actually I find I always want to paint anything in wraparound green grey it just looks FAB.

I want to do a GNAT like it.

I have even thought about doing my Car in this scheme. Would be pretty cool ;)

• Like 1

A car would look cool in this Rob! Of course, for it to be truly wrap-around, you would have to paint all of the underside machinery as well! Or at least TELL everyone that you did!

Hahaha well you would not paint the bottom light aircraft grey lol.

• Like 1

Looks very cool. I have actually long fancied doing this myself. Actually I find I always want to paint anything in wraparound green grey it just looks FAB.

I want to do a GNAT like it.

I have even thought about doing my Car in this scheme. Would be pretty cool ;)

I'm doing a Gnat like that.....

• Like 2

I'm doing a Gnat like that.....

Looks like I am not the only one who thinks they should have been painted like that. Would look great with a Hawk and a Hunter T7 in wrap around too.

Also why not a Provost.

It will be interesting to see what configuration of pattern you and I choose for the green grey areas.

Another good Gnat wiff would be to paint it the same as the Alpha Jets Kinetic /RAF use in the light green Black scheme.

Cheers Rob ;) (you could do a Red Arrows Alpha Jet too.

• Like 1

I think Hawks were painted in wrap-around in the 80's. I pulled out some of my old reference books from when I was a kid, and one has a pic of a Hawk in wrap around firing rockets.

An aggressor Gnat sounds really cool.

The Falcon is done, just need to finish painting a couple resin 1000lb GP bombs then attach them - I'll get pics up as soon as I can.

• Like 1

OK, I'm calling it done. Thanks to everyone for support, encouragement and for saving the paint scheme!

41 Sq - Falcon FGR.1 as it may have appeared in late 1988.

IMG_0511_zps1c9ca64b.jpg

IMG_0516_zps457abdb9.jpg

IMG_0524_zps5227dd83.jpg

1dd3df34-ee92-4c7c-9c59-00c9bd31a8cd_zps

IMG_0548_zpscce77ede.jpg

As you can see, I still haven't figured the display stand thing yet.

Thanks for looking!

• Like 11

Thanks for the compliments and 'likes' everybody! I've had such a great time seeing everybody's builds, it's nice to start to have stuff up that others can (hopefully) enjoy.

And to any 'lurkers' (not trying to offend with the term - I was one just a few months ago) I'd just like to encourage you to join Britmodeller if you have any inclination - I was very intimidated at first, but builders here are enthusiastic about every skill level - plus, I want to see your builds!

I've got the kits for the desert pink FGR.2 and grey FGR.3 and hope to build them sometime soon, but first the Harrier Group Build and maybe a Jaguar!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...