KP Models 1/72 Mig-21MF Angolan

This is one of my early models of a Cuban operated Angolan Mig-21MF based at Luanda IAP, post 1976, flown by Cuban General Raphael Del Pino.

I have tried to depict the heavily weathered surfaces due to the harsh conditions during that period and of course the baking African sunshine. I think that it gives them real character as was the case in this beast.

This model fought me all the way from start to finish. :boxing: Being a very straight forward kit in terms of parts, it was the very soft plastic, the warps and judicious filling that really tried my patience...... and as for the seemingly endless stencilling !! :wall: Still it was worth it and finally placing the finished product in its rightful place in the display cabinet was most gratifying. :yahoo:

I hope you enjoy!

Mark

Tamiya Acrylics / photo etch for the cockpit / RV Aircraft decals / Eduard stencils

ltuntitledgt2014-04-17at15-31-18_zps672a

ltuntitledgt2014-04-17at15-17-51_zpsa671

ltuntitledgt2014-04-17at15-16-06_zps1de6

_DSC0065_zpsfd348984.jpg

• Like 11

Superb job on the old KP MIg. I like the soft edging to the camouflage, and the worn effect.

Plus, Cubans in Africa, that is just the sort of off-beat subject I like!

Cheers

John

• Like 1

I would have to dig quite deep through my memory to check if I have ever seen such a great result coming out of the KP MiG-21!

Kudos for taking on such a challenge in a time when a couple better [kit] alternatives are available :goodjob:

• Like 1