Tamiya 1/48 Lockheed F-117A Nighthawk - 'Something Wicked'

On March 27 1999, while on a mission, F-117 Nighthawk (SN 82-0806 "Something Wicked") flown by Lt Col Dale Zelko was shot down over Serbia by a SA-3 Goa (NATO Code) missile. Two were fired, the first one passed close by, the second dealt the deadly blow. She was detected for a short period of time by a relatively primitive long wave length radar signature return from the open bomb bay doors. The missiles were in the right place at the right time. The pilot ejected safely.

"Something Wicked" had previously flown 39 sorties in operation 'Desert Storm'. Now, hopefully 'Something Wicked' can fly again in this forum.

ltuntitledgt2014-04-17at14-53-43_zps83fc

ltuntitledgt2014-04-17at14-54-21_zps5501

ltuntitledgt2014-04-17at14-59-16_zps38e4

ltuntitledgt2014-04-17at14-52-31_zpsb5c1

ltuntitledgt2014-04-17at14-51-07_zps2835

ltuntitledgt2014-04-17at14-50-23_zpsb137

I hope you enjoy the photos.

Mark

Black, NATO Black and Rubber Black used for definition. Decals were from Two Bobs 'Kosovo Bandits'. Some Eduard Internal Photo etch used otherwise the kit was from out of the box.

• Like 14

• 3 weeks later...

Mach ,

do you have photos of the cockpit as it looks good what little I can see.thank you

:worthy:

Thanks for the kind comments. I will get my new macro lens out of its box, start 'snapping' and post some when I get back from leave in a few weeks.

Mark

Thanks for the kind comments. I will get my new macro lens out of its box, start 'snapping' and post some when I get back from leave in a few weeks.

Mark

Ooh thank you very much .. I do appreciate that Sir..:clap:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The only F-117 combat loss I believe. Lovely clean job. I'd also love to see the cockpit when you get the chance.

Hi Steve ... I have tried to get the lens as close to the cockpit as possible but sorry only got the attached photo of anything worth putting up here. I will however be doing some 'surgery' on the model later this year and when the canopy is off, I will put up some more detailed ones

Mark

ltuntitledgt2014-07-10at20-57-00_zpsee2b

• Like 1