X-47B US Navy UCAS - Freedom Model Kits 1:48

Mike

Hi Dariusz,

If you go to google and type in "X-47B Landing Gear" there are a few photos to look at.

Check here also.

http://beritabuzz.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/i-am-warplane.html

The thing is, the configuration has changed a few times. Basically, any wiring you do is probably correct but, no one can prove you wrong :)

Oooh! :Tasty: That's a good pic. I've right-click saved that one for putting the bays together. I've not had much time today, but I've been working on the gear legs, which have been detail painted to try & get them looking nice. That pic confirms that the tail-hook is indeed stripy, and also shows a little more of the bay roofs to help with some extra wiring etc. I've still got a bit of touch-up work to do before I'm done with the gear, so no pics tonight, but I'll post some as soon as I can :)

Oh my giddy aunt! :frantic: I've just spent a happy 5 minutes spraying a first coat of primer on the top of the airframe after a few minutes masking up the open bays and the exhaust (which still needs a respray). No pics yet, as it's drying, after which I'll do the underside and try to get some pics up. :)

I've managed to spray a little primer onto the beast, and the pic below shows it after a good sanding to cut back any roughness and expose any remedial work I need to do. So far that amounts to a couple of scratches from a wandering blade while I was fitting the bomb bay doors, but I've not yet dusted her off, so there might be more. :)

primer.jpg

• Like 2

I've been looking through the painting guide, and noticed that for the main colour, Gunze C306 has been suggested, but in brackets FS36118 has been given in case you can't or don't use Gunze. This is the code for Gunship Grey, and should instead read FS36270 Haze Grey, which can be seen in the Chinese version of the instructions. Unfortunately, I ordered an AKAN paint without checking on the HPNS. Now Ville knows I'm an idiot, rather than just suspecting :crying:

Forgot I'd taken a pic of the landing gear now it's painted. Still needs a few touch-ups here and there, but that's pretty much how it'll look when it's installed :)

landinggear3.jpg

I used some of Ultimate's Light Dirt wash in the process, as well as my trusty 000 W&N Series 7 :nerd:

• Like 4

Wow, Mike, those wires looks... like real wires.

Just amazing.

Please tell me how you did it: what wires did you use and how did you paint it?

Really nice work.

The wires are just lead fly-tying wire from a fishing tackle shop, which is readily available. The tie-downs are tiny lengths of Tamiya tape cut into strips with a blade and steel rule, then picked up individually, glued and stuck. A bit fiddly, but not too tricky. As to the painting, it was all done freehand using a 000 Windsor & Newton Series 7 brush (IMHO the best brushes you can buy over the counter) using some Xtracrylix and Lifecolor shades. As I said earlier, the wash was done with Ultimate Light Dirt.

The most important ingredient is patience, followed by an Optivisor and a pair of needle-nosed tweezers ;)

• Like 1