SAAF F-86F-30-NA Sabre 614/N/"Glow Worm" (1/72 Fujimi)

Procopius

Some group photos!

IMAG1014_zpsj2akincf.jpg

IMAG1013_zpsqcihgv15.jpg

IMAG1012_zpsa7cwxvta.jpg

IMAG1011_zpsb81p8kcd.jpg

Just need to add the prominent pitot tube and the underwing stores, bombs, I guess. Weirdly, the Fujimi kit seems to lack the swaybraces present on the droptanks of later F-86s and all SAAF examples I've seen.

• Like 4

The Meteor's soaking in the sink right now, in fact! I had a Sea Fury and a Firefly V in reserve, but I have three GR7s to build for the Harrier STGB, and then the D-Day GB, and then my impending nervous collapse, so it unfortunately seems unlikely I'll get to them.

• Like 2

The Meteor's soaking in the sink right now, in fact! I had a Sea Fury and a Firefly V in reserve, but I have three GR7s to build for the Harrier STGB, and then the D-Day GB, and then my impending nervous collapse, so it unfortunately seems unlikely I'll get to them.

Cripes Procopius; is any marketing actually getting done just at the moment?

• Like 1

It seems like you have a veritable airplane factory going up there. Keep it up and you may be able to get Lockheed and Boeing into a bidding war for it - they hate competition!

To sum up, you've built two P-51's, an F-86 and a sweet Seafire - all while learning to use Alcad and completing your first resin kit. I'd say that you've won April and May my friend.

Cripes Procopius; is any marketing actually getting done just at the moment?

I'm not sure about marketing, but there doesn't seem to be much sleep happening. I swear Mr Procopius posts at all hours during the day. :hmmm:

Lovely Sabre though, it's giving me a kick up the bum to get mine done. :)

Sean

I average between 4-5 hours of sleep per night on weeknights, and on weekends, I'm lucky to get eight before being woken by the croaking song of my wife's six doves.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...