Apollo Crawler at 1/72 scale

Yep Rich,

let the lamps shine in all rooms! You're undoubtedly a tough guy, Mr. Lamplight, gut.gif but encouragement and cheering up can use each of us.

Therefore, keep it up, it looks cool, like in a hotel. up040577.gif

hallo.gif

Edited by roma847

JOCKSTER, That's a good reason for me to post the build, Happy building!

MANFRED, The Crawler Hotel is fully lighted on the inside now. Thanks for the encouragment!

Edited by RichO

HEY ALLTOGETHER,

The finalizing of the inside lighting.

This photo is with my room lights on.

IMG_0346_zps9daf3996.jpg

This is with my room lights off.

IMG_0347_zpsd2f7a396.jpg

And a couple of angles of the finished interior lighting.

IMG_0348_zps82e3af37.jpg

IMG_0349_zps4dabb66b.jpg

Actualy I have one more light to install on the inside. A lamp burned out while under construction, so this one needs to be replaced. I will order this lamp when I place the order for the exterior lighting. Building the light shades and installing this part of this chapter has taken almost a month. I'm guessing that the exterior lighting will not take quit as long.

Thanks all for liking and leaving comments. The exterior lights are up next. Bye for now.

Edited by RichO
  • Like 4

Hi Rich,

:wow: outstanding light show in the crawler hotel, very impressive.

Can't wait to see the exterior lights, especially the crazy caution lights, keep up lighting, the show must go on. gut.gif

hallo.gif

Edited by roma847

HEY GUYS,

JOHN and LARS, Thanks for liking! The interior light are a warm white, to add some contrast I will be using a cold white for the outside lights.

Thanks MANFRED, The lights continue and then the crazy caution lights!

GRAEME, Thanks for continued watching.

COLIN, You t y pe like I do, Thanks

ROGER, Thanks! The build continues.

MIKE, Thanks dude, I laughed my bottom off.

HEY ALL,

So while I am waiting for the next shipment of lights to arrive, I will be starting with building the Cabs for the crawler. Here are the parts I have to work with.

IMG_0350_zps8e96f013.jpg

In these photos you can see the cab, however these photos are from the Shuttle era. The Saturn era dose not have the big rivits around the windows. I will also build a full interior for the cabs and also the cab lighting. I will be using the same plate glass for the windows here as I did for the interior doors and windows.

STS114crawler1.jpg

Crawler-transporter_cab.jpg

The model structure of the cabs will be small and delicate to work with, but will be really cool to build. The styrene is thinner for this part of the build and should be a bit easier to work with. Also adding the cabs will increase the overall size of the model by a couple of inches to the sides. So off to the cab build untill I get more lights. Thanks All!!

Edited by RichO
  • Like 3

As an AFV modeller this and the track units are the bits I've been looking forward too the most. :coolio:

Eight tracks (two at each corner), each with 57 shoes. :popcorn:

Of course, there are two crawlers at the KSC - named Hans and Franz. I presume you'll be building both of them, Rich?

Rich? Rich! Come back!

Thanks a lot JASON!!

Thats interesting Sargent, The tracks are the part of the build I am least looking forward to.

GORDON, That would be 456 treads!! It's a headache I'm not looking forward to at this time, and I sure aint gona build two!!!!!!!!!!! ( actualy this IS the second one!)

Edited by RichO

Hi Rich,

the shots of crawler cabs look great, cool.gif but all these printed parts instill a lot of respect. :blink2:

With the templates from Mischa's Paper Kit you have indeed a great practical advantage for the construction, but I do not envy you for cutting out all these tiny parts, because this is not paper but sheet. 1402.gif

Terefore all power to you and keep it up! icon_thumb.gif

hallo.gif

Thank for the faith ROGER, actually I have had a good long time to think about the treads. I plan on casting my own treads with resin, and I'm kinda excited to give this a try. I have done a ton of studying about this, but practical experience...not. I've talked to the guys at my IPMS club, and they all tell me that it's easy. However the tread casting is quite far away still. I have so much to do before that. Thanks!

Edited by RichO

Thanks Chris, I am also posting the build at nasaspaceflight.com. Somebody there might notice...maybe. Thanks.

You're right Manfred, the cutting of the styrene is much tougher than the paper, and the cabs have some of the smallest parts of the entire build, but you know my determination, it will be accomplished.

Thanks for the videos Sargent. Bob always was one of my favorite comedians, and the "Rocket Scientist " was good to hear about. All fun stuff if people don't know about the history of the worlds space programs.