Apollo Crawler at 1/72 scale

I actually saw the crawler proper for the first time on TV on Transformers - Dark Side of The Moon !

Could really appreciate the detail and efforts you put into making it as accurate as you did !!

Amazing work

NIGE

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone,

While RichO recovers his senses, gets reacquainted with his friends and family, walks on water and so on THIS BM Build may be of interest to fans of large mad projects.

I hope the judging panel see sense and do the right thing.

Thanks Sleeper, I'm starting to wake up here after a couple of weeks.

Hey Rich,

has NASA acquired your crawler for the KSC Visitor Complex? :analintruder:

Manfred, I do have a home for it here in the studio, however it dose take up a large amount of room. Can I send it to your house?

• Like 1

Manfred, I do have a home for it here in the studio, however it dose take up a large amount of room. Can I send it to your house?

Hey Rich,

joke aside, IMHO I was just wondering why you have said nothing about the competition so far? denknf8.gif

BTW, nevertheless it's a pity that you won't build the complete trilogy with Crawler, Mobile Launcher and Saturn V, or maybe yet again sometime? up040577.gif
Actually you don't need more space for the LUT, but only a bit more height of overall about 2 m, but okay, that's already a lot. :hmmm:
But this still would be the crowning ... top2.gif

Manfred,

The competition just started this last Friday (Sept 2). I had to turn it in so early so judges could judge. I am starting to get word about the show tho. It seems that I got second place behind a scratch built Millennium Falcon.

I'll post photos soon, Thanks Rich

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone who has been looking. I will pick up the Crawler from the model show on Tuesday,27. I'll post shortly after.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

2nd.....Unless that Falcon had a functional hyperdrive you were robbed!  :analintruder:

Agreed. Rich, were the judges aware that it had a full interior?

Hey All,

I picked up the Crawler build from the show this morning. I have never participated in a model show before, so I was really surprised when I was told that the judges had picked up the Crawler and turned it up side down , rotated it around and...knocked off antanas knocked the walkway loose, poped out the steering arms.

I don't think I will do an other model show. I have about a weeks worth of work to restore back before I post to Ready for Inspection.

I'll be back in a few days with the Crawler build in the ready for inspection section.

Thanks All, Rich

15 minutes ago, RichO said:

Hey All,

I picked up the Crawler build from the show this morning. I have never participated in a model show before, so I was really surprised when I was told that the judges had picked up the Crawler and turned it up side down , rotated it around and...knocked off antanas knocked the walkway loose, poped out the steering arms.

I don't think I will do an other model show. I have about a weeks worth of work to restore back before I post to Ready for Inspection.

I'll be back in a few days with the Crawler build in the ready for inspection section.

Thanks All, Rich

That was an awfully long model show. Had it been me, I'd have put a "DO NOT TOUCH" sign on it somewhere. You're lucky it didn't suffer more damage.

Edited by Space Ranger
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear of the damage (oh, the pic is not showing in the post above).  I have judged at everything from local shows to regionals to the US Nats and while we may have to pick up a model more often than not it is to move it to the correct category.  All shows have different rules and sounds like the judges were a little hamfisted with your entry.  I wouldn't give up on all shows as I am sure your crawler would do well in any of the IPMS shows in your area (Seattle usually runs one in Reston that I have been to and there is one that was held at the Evergreen Air Museum in McMinnville, OR that was also run by a good bunch of guys).

• Like 2

13 hours ago, RichO said:

Hey All,

This is outrageous, I think it deserves publicity, they must bear responsibility. What show was it? Do you know who were the judges?

• Like 1