Impressive Build of a GWH Mig-29

Talk about over weathering. Geez. Looks more like a tank or a marine aircraft that has been at sea for years without being washed than a land based aircraft.

Hardly overweathered.

In fact some of the airliners i fly are more weathered than that Mig-29.

Over weathered..far from it.

http://www.aviation4u.de/gallery/Deutschland/Lfz-MiG29/04-013-19.jpg

http://hqwide.com/wallpapers/l/1920x1080/11/aircraft_mig_29_fulcrum_russian_air_force_1920x1080_10701.jpg

http://qa.operatorchan.org/v/src/133183417587.jpg

Mig-29's work hard and harder in Russia where many are not kept in hangars.

I think a trip to an airport is in order to look at real aeroplanes..

Not sure what ship this is but it looks like an Su-27 to me.

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/images/uploaded-images/2012-4/25/205765.jpg

Edited by DarrenH
  • Like 3

It's a wonder anyone dares to display their efforts, when there are people so willing to dismiss them! :shrug: Ok, so the finish isn't to your taste, does that really negate all other aspects of the model? I've seen far worse examples of over-weathering, but not that many examples of superior model-building skill... :2c:

Andrew

• Like 7

It's a wonder anyone dares to display their efforts, when there are people so willing to dismiss them! :shrug: Ok, so the finish isn't to your taste, does that really negate all other aspects of the model? I've seen far worse examples of over-weathering, but not that many examples of superior model-building skill... :2c:

Andrew

Good point, well put.

• Like 1

its overly negative comments like those above that have stopped me from posting any of my builds on here. its a beatifully built example of the aircraft type. and above all, its the builders interpretation of the subject.

• Like 4

I, on the other hand, will gladly welcome and appreciate negative comments on any of my models so I can do a better job next time. I learn best from my mistakes. On my online builds, I have always asked the readers to provide feedback.

its overly negative comments like those above that have stopped me from posting any of my builds on here. its a beatifully built example of the aircraft type. and above all, its the builders interpretation of the subject.

Please don't be put off from posting. I am a very average builder and have never received such negative comments. What I have received has been constructive and supportive.

I would definitely like to see some of your work.

• Like 1

Andrew

When did expressing an opinion on something (anything) become the same as "dismissing" it? I don't get it. I don't like lite beer or McDonalds "food" either. Is that not okay with you? I prefer colors other than white for my car. Is it not okay with you if I dismiss white from consideration in my car purchases?

When did expressing an opinion on something (anything) become the same as "dismissing" it? I don't get it. I don't like lite beer or McDonalds "food" either. Is that not okay with you? I prefer colors other than white for my car. Is it not okay with you if I dismiss white from consideration in my car purchases?

Maybe you should consider how you express your opinion. You do come across as overly critical.

• Like 5

I, on the other hand, will gladly welcome and appreciate negative comments on any of my models so I can do a better job next time. I learn best from my mistakes. On my online builds, I have always asked the readers to provide feedback.

there are quite specific rules laid out in the ready for inspection section, but to summerise, constructive comments are welcome, but dont criticise the build.
  • Like 1

there are quite specific rules laid out in the ready for inspection section, but to summerise, constructive comments are welcome, but dont criticise the build.

Totally agree, If he spoke like that in public I doubt he'd have many friends wanting to sit and have coffee with him.

• Like 1

On the whole that's a pretty impressive build. Not to heavily weather by some real examples of German 29's I have seen.

I must admit to not being a great fan of coloured in panel lines as these are not normally seen. Though for every comment normally there is photo to prove you wrong.

Looking at this pic link posted above by DarrenH http://hqwide.com/wallpapers/l/1920x1080/11/aircraft_mig_29_fulcrum_russian_air_force_1920x1080_10701.jpg you can see the panel lines on the nose for certain!

For things down to personal taste I generally tend not to comment on, if there is a glaring build error then yes.

As to the critique rules here you can criticise the build,

The critiquing is limited to the build itself, not the accuracy of the kit or the subject matter. If the paint scheme is out, or the original kit/aftermarket accessory for example a cowling or spinner is the wrong shape, so be it, point it out politely but its not a big issue if the builder cannot get the right paint colour etc.

As its on another site I think we might all be getting a little bent out of shape about it. Personally I don't like seeing over critical remarks being made, and if you are going to make them do it in a constructive way.

Finally thanks to Andrew for the link, don't get on ARC so much these days and I missed this one.

Julien

• Like 2

Hardly overweathered.

In fact some of the airliners i fly are more weathered than that Mig-29.

Over weathered..far from it.

http://www.aviation4u.de/gallery/Deutschland/Lfz-MiG29/04-013-19.jpg

http://hqwide.com/wallpapers/l/1920x1080/11/aircraft_mig_29_fulcrum_russian_air_force_1920x1080_10701.jpg

http://qa.operatorchan.org/v/src/133183417587.jpg

Mig-29's work hard and harder in Russia where many are not kept in hangars.

I think a trip to an airport is in order to look at real aeroplanes..

Not sure what ship this is but it looks like an Su-27 to me.

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/images/uploaded-images/2012-4/25/205765.jpg

Agree - I spend most of my days in aircraft, surrounded by aircraft and flying them too.

I'm yet to see one that is clean - even when straight out of the factory.

My old flight instructor many years ago said: "Aircraft are just like babies. There is something also oozing, seeping, spurting, pouring, dripping, dribbling or being expelled quite quickly". Never were more true words ever spoken!

Personally, I like how he has done the weathering. I know weathering is not to everyones taste - but if you want a realistic build of an aircraft in action, then it goes without saying.

RT_A-6E_00_full.jpg

Most importantly though, the builder has done a much better job on that kit than I would be capable of doing. So well done to him!

• Like 3

This is not the ready for inspection section.

We add white to paints to reduce saturation for scale effect. Similarly, we also need to tone down weathering a tad for scale effect. The weathering on a dirty aircraft when viewed from a distance appears to blend together and somewhat subdued.

We add white to paints to reduce saturation for scale effect. Similarly, we also need to tone down weathering a tad for scale effect. The weathering on a dirty aircraft when viewed from a distance appears to blend together and somewhat subdued.

Your comment was no different than walking up to a person and kicking him in the nuts. It doesn't matter where you do it, it was poorly executed.

Sadly, you don't see that you lacked any discretion or tact in your post.

• Like 1

Well, that is clearly true, but I don't think it's particularly relevant here. I am not, and I don't think others are, trying to discourage constructive criticism. Britmodeller would be a pretty anodyne place if that were so. On the other hand, I don't think we want it to descend to the level of the YouTube comments section (thankfully, we are a long way from that). As I said before, some good manners go a long way. I happen to agree that the panel lines are a little over-emphasised, but that doesn't detract a great deal from that fact that it's a very well put together model. :)

Andrew

• Like 2