Hey rob, you don't need to pay rip off ebay prices!

Revell are reissuing the victor soon.

Matt.

Really ! , Brilliant Matt thanks for letting me know, I had not a clue. Shame its not a new tooling but I am very happy to see it reissued. I will have to grab one and hopefully a B1 conversion from somewhere.

Cheers Mate :)

Got mine on order from my lms, should have been here at the end of feb, will go into the stash with my vulcan and valliant.

I think a great many more of these sit in stashes than get built. A lot of people are scared off the Revell Victor and Airfix Vulcan but they are not that bad really. Especially if you decide to just go OOB.

Right the work goes on and I have to get my SE5A started for Cosford too yet... I am not promising to get this done for Cossie but I would love too.

I washed the resin parts last night and give the engine faces a coat of primer. This morning I am drilling out the centers a little again from where I had to bung up the masters with blue tak to stop any air rising during the mold process.

Next. I have just given them a coat of primer and then I can paint them.

Cheers Rob :)

EDBCBC18-81EC-4AA9-AFB5-0FEFBC1A16B7_zps

• Like 1

That's what I intend to do, oob.

I feel sorry for all those sellers on ebay, those £60 victors are now worth a lot less. Think mine is about £22. Just been to my lms at dinnertime and mine is ready waiting for me on payday.

Matt

• Like 1

That's what I intend to do, oob.

I feel sorry for all those sellers on ebay, those £60 victors are now worth a lot less. Think mine is about £22. Just been to my lms at dinnertime and mine is ready waiting for me on payday.

Matt

Looks like I know what I might get at Cosford if I see it. £22 Is more like it. :)

• Like 1

I am trying this new paint. New to me anyway. I picked it up at Telford nice people and they have a fab range of metallic acrylics, About 20 odd different shades all very useful ones too. They brush well right out the handy bottle.

I think they are worth trying out and I have already had a little go the pigment being so fine that when dry they look very convincing, You can buff them apparently and I find they look great under some Klear.

http://www.darkstarmini.co.uk/paints.html

Apparently they are good through the AB with just 10% water.

2508D8E6-DFE7-484F-8BC1-1E8827C1AEBA_zps

This is just one coat.

22CFC08E-4C77-4C09-B20C-B04E648D3BCF_zps

• Like 3

Well its taken longer than I thought, I think I am being slow as i dont want to mess up. Also keep flitting from one thing to the other today. I used some thin matt black on the engines and then give them a spray with humbrol Matt varnish from the rattle can. I also added DarkStar Tarnished steel to them which has a gorgeous yellowish tinge to it. Lovely paint it really is useful.

The intakes where sprayed with Humbrol white from the can and these will likely get rubbed down with micro mesh much later when blending them to the Vulcan.

34962EC4-7F47-4864-935B-7871D8E59DE7_zps

A look down the intakes. Not perfect but looking at the destruction of XA901 and drawing cross sections it appears there was a tapering cup of sorts to transist from the more square intakes at the front to much narrower round tube at the back to meet the much smaller Olympus 101/4 engines. Though I cannot find any photos looking right down a B1 intake but they where different to the B2 and also had slots cut into them , Boundary layer bleed slots. Also on these I made the depth fit where the engines are fitted into the engine tunnels and they go much further back that on other kits I actually like the look of this. I guess these two factors might be another reason why B1s sounded different the whine reminding me of an almost siren tone :)

But they are what they are and they look ok inside and its only been made to create a better overall look to the Vulcan rather than nowt in there. Just hope it dont take me a Year to finish it as I cant believe its been a year to get this far..

32C2C8D9-EC2F-45E8-9300-5DF1D454FF55_zps

Edited by robvulcan
  • Like 3

You should set up Robs Castings or something, great work mate they look nicely done!

Cheers mate I will do, I need to give some thought about how to go about it. At the moment I am working on a basis of doing it just for fun and me being my best Customer. Any money earned from selling bits as my catalog develops would be nice for all the hours that go it. I have plenty of things made up and others to come. But I need to spend some time making up a decent amount of duplicates of certain things first. Perhaps a business name and website might be a starting point.

I had thought of some names, Some humorous ones too. Its quite fun brainstorming names.

Those intakes look fantastic Rob.

Can't see why you wouldn't have people beating a path to your door to buy them.

Makes me want to get a small vulcan, just so I could use some.

I can forsee a brilliant future for you casting for a living.

• Like 1

And a quick test fit, I am happy now that I can glue these in, The plan is to leave then just proud of the existing lips to aid gluing and blending this will also help keep them sharper I hope

262D30FE-BAE5-4567-9E0A-0C8EB0871A11_zps

24799BCD-114F-4B30-8F33-051DA97743E9_zps

• Like 1

Those intakes look fantastic Rob.

Can't see why you wouldn't have people beating a path to your door to buy them.

Makes me want to get a small vulcan, just so I could use some.

I can forsee a brilliant future for you casting for a living.

Cheers mate, The scarcity of Frog Vulcans is a problem though. Maybe I can rectify that one day..

I guess they could be adapted to the Lindberg Vulcan. I have one sat next to me, So maybe.

I will have to find something in demand to start a business ahaha. Would be fun and needed as I am pretty well broke at the mo.

Great job with intakes Rob. They really look the part! Well done. :thumbsup:

Cheers mate, Hopefully will fit them and start blending them in, I just want to confirm I am happy with exactly where I want each to go.

I adore the way it photographs Frog did such a good job in capturing the B1 I guess because then there was only B1s around to see Its stance is wonderful. With all this nice weather we have now I might get some nice artistic photos with backdrops for this and all the other builds that I failed to get in RFI since 2013 !,

• Like 1

YAY :yahoo: At long last after nearly 12 months since this build started I have the first copies of my intakes installed. I used some unibond 2 part epoxy resin run thick on to the inside walls of the fuselage/wing walls then slid the intakes in to where I had marked off with a pencil. Adjusted the angle by shoving a brush handle in the rear or it and inside the intakes to push then toward the wall. Then when set I ran some super glue around the front lips bottoms and sides first then then pressed them down from the inside of the intakes using a flat lollipop wooden stick till set, Then the same for the top so the intakes flush with the lip edges.

Now I can start blending these In with wet milliput and using the lolly stick to press it against to try and achieve a good transition on the inside and then shape them later.

Now I can build the thing, Well finish it, I need to sort the port hole windows, Fill in the engraved roundels numbers etc. Correct the radome and fin cap lines, Build the intake fences, extend the tail spine, Fit the exhausts and then there might be time left to fit the wing pitos and paint the thing. :frantic:

C9A0D8DC-737D-47B4-A68A-E43C3927117E_zps

6306F356-9C4A-4EE4-8796-DBA3C1B65527_zps

9BA07BB3-69D1-40D1-AE72-4D95D8893090_zps

So now the build can continue.

In the mean time I need to decide which Vulcan to do, Likely will be an XA serial number

• Like 5

Rob, Do you have a copy of this?

6245.jpg

Lots of B1 B1A B2 stuff in therephotos, drawings and other tech stuff

I am not sure I do mate. I might have. Ill have a look. Cheers mate :)

Well done Rob, those intakes look amazing.

Cheers mate, And the work on them continues...

Now I thought I best get on with the next tricky part. Creating the boundary layer fence which I have decided to build up the existing frog plate using the same part from my Unbuilt Frog Vulcan. I first traced out 2

FD2F649C-502F-4D63-8835-C7C0D6379C1D_zps

But then decided it would be easier to trace the part as a circle drill and carve out the center then cut out and file to shape so I end up with 2 moon shapes. Then I can builld up and blend the centre part with milliput to flush up with the engine lips etc. Then when Dry I can reduce them and shape them properly.

7D456674-5E7F-4C6A-A5A4-E07C5732A564_zps

2A926E55-38FC-4132-99AD-849CA949EC13_zps

06D561CD-A499-413E-8994-97E3392564CF_zps

0D00F1A5-7ECF-4DEF-A1D9-27C52589F1DE_zps

So looks like I know what I will be doing this week now..

• Like 1