1/48 Kinetic Mirage III/5

azzaob

These (Pantera and COAM ) will be for sale at the IPMS Nationals Convention 2016 in Columbia. As with our other Mirage sets these will also include Master pitot tubes.

Regards

Amaru

Edited by AmaruTG
  • Like 3

Alright!

The IIIS/RS is now showing as Pre-Order at Luckymodel:

Kinetic 48058

Model Features:
- TARAN radar nose with strakes
- retooled C.70 canards
- lengthened front landing gear wheel fork
- fin trailing edge antenna
- wingtip RWR antennas
- decoy dispenser
- dedicated instrument panel and undernose fairing
- interception light
- hoisting points
- Mk.6 ejector seat
- 2 x RP18 supersonic wing tanks

Decal printed by Cartograf.
Decal designed by Syhart Decal.

Markings:
*Mirage IIIRS R-2110 "Mirage Swiss Farewell" - Staffel 10, Forces aeriennes suisses - Schweizer Luftwaffe, Buochs AB 2003
*Mirage IIIRS R-2116 "Mirage Swiss Farewell" - Staffel 10, Forces aeriennes suisses - Schweizer Luftwaffe, Buochs AB 2003
*Mirage IIIRS R-2111 - Staffel 10, Forces aeriennes suisses - Schweizer Luftwaffe, Buochs AB 2002
*Mirage IIIS J-2327 - Staffel 16, Forces aeriennes suisses - Schweizer Luftwaffe, Sion AB 1998

• 3 weeks later...

Decals - designed by Syhart (http://syhartdecal.fr/ENG_index.htm) - from ref.K48058
Source: http://img.luckymodel.com/default.aspx?item_no=KI-K48058

PI000000230861.jpg

Model Features:
- TARAN radar nose with strakes
- retooled C.70 canards
- lengthened front landing gear wheel fork
- fin trailing edge antenna
- wingtip RWR antennas
- decoy dispenser
- dedicated instrument panel and undernose fairing
- interception light
- hoisting points
- Mk.6 ejector seat
- 2 x RP18 supersonic wing tanks
Decal printed by Cartograf.
Decal designed by Syhart Decal.

Markings:
- Mirage IIIRS R-2110 "Mirage Swiss Farewell" - Staffel 10, Forces aeriennes suisses - Schweizer Luftwaffe, Buochs AB 2003
- Mirage IIIRS R-2116 "Mirage Swiss Farewell" - Staffel 10, Forces aeriennes suisses - Schweizer Luftwaffe, Buochs AB 2003

- Mirage IIIRS R-2111 - Staffel 10, Forces aeriennes suisses - Schweizer Luftwaffe, Buochs AB 2002
- Mirage IIIS J-2327 - Staffel 16, Forces aeriennes suisses - Schweizer Luftwaffe, Sion AB 1998

hi-PI000000230870.jpg

V.P.

• Like 2

That's a cracking bit of box art of a very attractive aircraft, makes me want to snap one up. It wasn't even on my radar before seeing this!

Muzz

Very nice Swiss versions i willsurely add to the stash :-)

When will the Doubleseater D variants be done, not in a hurry but just want to know ?

If they are done i have one suggestion, in my old book from Huertas about Mirage i have a photograph of a super cool looking two tone green D with the big 1700 l gas bags in natural metal from Zaire. Would like this one cause i like small air forces and exotic colour schemes and markings.

GT

These (Pantera and COAM ) will be for sale at the IPMS Nationals Convention 2016 in Columbia. As with our other Mirage sets these will also include Master pitot tubes.

Regards

Amaru

Any pictures yet of the conversion?

what is exactly the difference between a COAM (Colombia) and a Pantera (Chile) apart from camouflage?

I 've seen pictures of Colombian Mirage 5 with Kfir style intake/wingroot pylons and Israeli bombs fitted...

Antoine is right, but the differences are limited to a couple air scoops in the rear fuselage. Also, the Pantera had K-fir type main landing gear doors as well as different set of antenas and RWR sensors... all included in the conversion, of course ;)

Items are in stock, Pantera has a cost of $25 (plus shipping) and COAM is $23 (plus shipping)

orders to [email protected]

Regards

Amaru

Edited by AmaruTG
updated info
  • Like 1

Really wonder how this one will sell?

Well, what's next?

I'm in for 3 of them, late IIIS and IIIRS and the Gold IIIS! Hopefully they will be reasonably priced as finally we can build the Swiss Mirage nearly from the box which I never thought would be the case!

Edited by mirageiv

Available in Telford Scale Modelword 2016 the first of two high quality decal sets for the Heller and Kinetic Mirage III/5 series in 1/48

MIRAGE 5 & 50 IN LATIN AMERICA

Including options for Chilean 5F, 50FC & Elkan, Colombian 5COA, Peruvian 5P, 5P3 and 5P4, Venezuelan 5V and 50EV.

More news to follow.

Amaru

Amaru! We need the radome of the 50C please. It's the same of the (Agave radar equipped) Pakistani 5PA2/3

Por favor!

mirage-5pa2_pakaf_437.jpg

DSCN2761.JPG

Edited by Oscar
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

got my kit :)

did you know that Kinetic retooled the canards to C70 specs? what kind of canards are included in the previous boxings then? (South american canard?) the canards look quite different in those boxings.... :unsure:

15 hours ago, exdraken said:

did you know that Kinetic retooled the canards to C70 specs? what kind of canards are included in the previous boxings then? (South american canard?) the canards look quite different in those boxings.... :unsure:

There was a discussion on a French forum about the Kinetic Mirage III canards. It's in French of course but there are some illustrations: http://www.master194.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=90878 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Laurent said:

There was a discussion on a French forum about the Kinetic Mirage III canards. It's in French of course but there are some illustrations: http://www.master194.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=90878 

thanks!

very informative, but still a slight puzzle to me....

so all in all there are 3 types of canards to be found on the Mirage III..

1. the KFIR one (100%) used obciously on Kfirs and israeli modified Mirages (5COAM; Pantera, Cheetah??)
  2. Swiss canards C70 (i.e. 70%) found exclusively on Swiss MIrage IIIS, DS, RS
  3. the Dassault type  2,5% (of wing surface?) Brazil, Venezuela, Belgium (Chile) , thsoe are the smallest ones...

about the exact shape, there seems to be some confusion ;)

so all in all the Kinetic canards in the IIIS/RS boxings are modified and can (hopefully) be used correctly with this kit!

the ones included before might not be correct for any kit, but easily be modified to a as of now unspecifed shape in order to use them on specific South American an late Belgium Mirages.....

will have to check my Resin conversions as well (eagle design (M50) Scaleworx Cheetah C, [Antarki  Pantera :edit: no canards included, as designed for the Kinetic kit] .....:rolleyes:  )

Edited by exdraken

• 1 month later...

Antarki at SMW 2016

Source: https://www.facebook.com/134774536570515/photos/a.400488879999078.82759.134774536570515/1132165220164770/?type=3&theater

Available right now! Mirage 5P/P3/P4/BA; 5COA/5V ; 50EV/50M/F.1 resin conversions sets in 1/48 for the Kinetic kit

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Homebee said:

Antarki at SMW 2016

Source: http://www.master194.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=95786

V.P.

nice!

not sure if those parts labeled as "fuel pipes" are just that of more like cable ducts  and aerodynamic devices... maybe I am wrong though.

i am especially interested in the Mirage 50 conversion! (I have the Pantera one/ not shown here already :) )

This is a really nice aircraft but I really dislike Kinetic kits because of their quality. They let me down everytime and I end up selling them. The breakdown is often illogical and this promotes sanding away detail which could have been ommited. Also the panellines are often inconsistently deep. They have a lot to learn and I hope this will improve in the future. 

The best kit they have imo is the Su-33 and this is only due to the fact that this isn't their own design. 

I'll take any Hobbyboss kit over a Kinetic kit. 

Reg. Joe

• 2 months later...