Tamiya 1/48 Beaufighter VI

Hi

Just getting back into scale modelling, have been doing wargaming figure for a while. I've had this beauty sitting in my cupboard for a while and finally its getting some love.

20140413_132352_zps0e6dd649.jpg
20140413_135055_zps316607b7.jpg
20140413_143005_zpsc8e2db14.jpg

Edited by Hazza31b
  • Like 1

That's a fantastic and beautiful plane. Are you doing it OOB? What scheme are you going for?

Well done so far!

JR

• Like 1

Good choice, that is a great scheme indeed.

Will wait for your next post.

Cheers.

JR

Looking good so fat but a word of warning if you are intending to build the so called Malta Beau from the kit,.....it is wrong!

For a start the serial belongs to a Sunderland,........the real `V' had a straight tailplane and didn`t carry rockets and the colour scheme wasn`t Mid Stone and Dark Earth! The real `V' appears in a number of colour photos which can be found on the IWM website and the colour scheme has been converted to a Temperate Sea Type scheme by covering the Middle Stone areas with a colour resembling Extra Dark Sea Grey, leaving Dark Earth as the other camo colour with blue undersides and the code appears blue too.

There are plenty of other Beau`s to choose from if you don`t fancy straightening the tailplane out!

Cheers

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the heads up. Being my second only model after a 13 year break from scale models im happy to just to build OOB. As long as it looks nice on the display shelf all is well.

Cheers

A guick look through GOOGLE Images, searching for either specific Bristol-powered aircraft or Bristol aero-engines will show a variety of metallic shades but not bright copper. A look through this forum should get some results, too.

Here are a few from various references:

exhau005.jpg

exhau006.jpg

exhau003.jpg

exhau001.jpg

Chris