GB Chat

I'm going to the Flying Heritage Collection today. I don't think there's anything particularly Korean War there - even the P-51 is WWII vintage (one of two existing that claimed a Scwalbe in flight) but there is a T-34 ... I will ake requests if any specific photo is needed.

The Seattle Museum of Flight does have some very good Korean War stuff. Not sure if I have time to get there today, though.

You could always put your photos in the reference section. (That section should be renamed the Brews reference thread!)

Sean

• 2 weeks later...

I had forgotten all about this build.......guess a bit busy with the MiG-21 and Heinkel builds!

I actually don't have anything for this build and I'm not too sure I can finish something in time.......

Though that wouldn't stop me on evilbay from looking! :D

Will have a look while I'm on shift what interests me to build....my Tigercat is way past the 25% rule!!! :whistle:

Maybe a nightfighter (for something different? :P ), say a Banshee or Skyknight???

• Like 1

I had forgotten all about this build.......

You forgot? How could you!

Give yourself a stern slap on the wrist! :P

You could always do a small OOB build if and when you get time to keep it simple.

Sean

• 2 months later...

I'm sorry to hear that Andy. Hopefully you'll get back to it when you get sorted out even if that's after we finish here. :)

Hope you get sorted out.

Sean

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys I have failed you. One longed out house move has taken its toll and I have simply ran out of time. Unfortunately I can't see the Chaffee being finished for the GB as by my calculations at best I have about 5-6 building days left before the GB ends. I am currently throwing all my eggs in one basket with the B-29's as they are closer to completion. As soon as the B-29's are finished I will be cracking on with the Chaffee come what may. I will continue to keep you all up to date.

• 2 weeks later...

Sean, I think you need to do something more to the poll. I can't correctly vote. I need to put in 2 votes to bee correct. I have done some voting before and they always put a extra line in it. Maybee you should ask Mish.

Cheers,

I think I've sorted it. I forgot to add a none of the above choice in each section... :doh:

Sean

Edit: vote for one build only. Tick the none of the above box if it's not in that section.

Those who have photos of finished kits and haven't posted them yet will be included in the vote if they are posted in the gallery tonight, but no later than that.

Oh and I'll close the vote this Sunday. :)

Sean

Hey guys, very nice builds all around :) congratz to all and sorry i did not finish my build here.. till today i still did not get the right brass tubes i ordered... those 5mm (instead of 0,5mm) they sent me looked kinda too thick for 1/72 scale construction.. :( Well, good luck everyone :)

Well done to Peter Marshall and Mike N who are our joint winners for this build.

Big thanks to those who contributed and to Mish for setting us up, it's been very enjoyable.

Cheers,

Sean

• Like 2

Wow, I never expected that with so many nice builds to choose from!

My thanks to the hosts for running the GB, to everyone who commented on and encouraged me on my build thread, and those who voted for my effort.

I enjoyed both my own build and also watching all the others in the GB, well done to all who took part!

Cheers,

Mike

I'll be honest, this completely snuck up on me, being months since I finished the 'big shot' - many thanks to those who voted for me.

I think it was a very tough vote - at least I can say I voted for the other winner :thumbsup:

Once again a very nice mix of builds, and really glad that the Forgotten war got some attention.

Peter

• Like 2

This was my first GB and it has helped me to raise my game - A LOT!

It's also pleasing to find a non-flying thingy as a joint-winner.

Am typing this while M.A.S.H (TV series) is on the telly

• Like 1