Eduard FW-190A-5, JG54, "Bully Lang" (1/48)

I'd like to share with you my Eduard FW-190A-5 (weekend edition) that I completed last summer.

It's built with Eduard's "zoom" photoetch, and painted with Tamiya acrylic, weathered with oils, pastels and Prisma pencils. It's built mostly out of box, the only changes are that I closed up all the access panels (and isn't that a job!) drilled out all the guns and exhaust, detailed the gear, replaced the wheels with True Details resin wheels, and replaced the cannon barrels with tubing.

It's to represent Emil "Bully" Lang's machine on the day he scored (I believe) 15 confirmed victories in one day on the Eastern front.

Hope you enjoy, comments and critiques always welcome,

Colin

FW1902_zps58ce0357.jpg

Image2_zps0c17e4ca.jpg

Image15_zps25180e0a.jpg

Image5_zps9e2f3eba.jpg

Image14_zpsac35be1f.jpg

Image6_zps7e7dcb38.jpg

Image9_zps921be93a.jpg

Image10_zpsd35ed2e2.jpg

Image12_zps23d85b2d.jpgImage8_zps1a491313.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Colin

Edited by Tail-Dragon
  • Like 13

WOW. Fantastic paint job. What's your secret?

Thanks,

No real secret, I use an Aztec brush, use the fine (tan) tip and spray at around 20PSI. I'll keep going back and refining the paint until I get the effect I want.

I think that's why I like the Aztec, I can switch between an upper camo colour and underside blue and back again easily using a small gravity feed cup.

Colin

Absolutely superb work on this Grunhertz 190. The camo is brilliant and the build looks impeccable. I really love the JG54 planes for their non-standard looks and you've really captured that essence to my eye. One to be proud of.