I'm just about to start my builds. I will be building an Xtrakit F.8 and T.7, a Revell F.4 and an MPM PR.10. As they are all basically the same kit from MPM moulds would it be acceptable to place them all in the same build thread?

I'm just about to start my builds. I will be building an Xtrakit F.8 and T.7, a Revell F.4 and an MPM PR.10. As they are all basically the same kit from MPM moulds would it be acceptable to place them all in the same build thread?

It's fine with me Enzo, but you might want to be careful to state clearly in the posts which kit you're showing pics of each time.

Michael

• Like 1

It's fine with me Enzo, but you might want to be careful to state clearly in the posts which kit you're showing pics of each time.

Thanks Michael. I'll do that. However, the initial posts will likely have all the similar components presented in a production line format. :)

I'm going to use the Matchbox kit for a Fleet Air Arm TT14 but the cockpit is all but empty. Does anyone have any drawing of said cockpit, please.

There are some links to a couple of photos in this thread. http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/13297-meteor-nfs/

Also, this might help. https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AEC72097

I'm going to use the Matchbox kit for a Fleet Air Arm TT14 but the cockpit is all but empty. Does anyone have any drawing of said cockpit, please.

Colin

These photos might be of use although they are from a Night Fighter. I took them a few years ago at Newark Air Museum

16543835078_901b6ac469_b.jpg

Gloster Meteor Seat by Mark Maclean, on Flickr

22104105341_46540cc415_b.jpg

Meteor cockpit by Mark Maclean, on Flickr

21905906790_de0b1a41cb_b.jpg

Meteor cockpit by Mark Maclean, on Flickr

• Like 1

Here's a question: I've been looking at available pictures and it looks to me like neither of the canopies on the Mk 8/9 had proper frames across the front, just the bare plexiglass to slide under the windscreen frame when closed. Is this right or am I seeing things?

Michael

Edited by MichaelSatin

There are some links to a couple of photos in this thread. http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/13297-meteor-nfs/

Also, this might help. https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AEC72097

Many thanks Enzo, you're a star. I might just go with the PE set.

Colin

Those Meteor cockpits... talk about black on black on black.

I know even all the switches are black. I had the same problem with my Hunter. Painting it to look interesting is a challenge.

I went to Elvington last year and took loads of photos of the outside of their Night Fighter. If anyone is interested I'll upload them to Flickr and put them in the reference section.

Regards,

Mark

• Like 2

Colin and Michael I'm in the middle of moving flat but can have a look in my books for both of you hopefully after the weekend.

Magic, many thanks, enjoy the move...

Colin

Greetings fellow GBers!

It's not long ago that I was a GB vir... er, newbie and now, after encouragement from Max (galgos) this will be my third. Nothing too unusual and OOB as usual, I'll be building the F Mk I that Tim (theplasticsurgeon) selected for me as a good start when I visited the Jet Age Museum some time ago.

133595-10263.jpg

I have the box open on my desk now. The first scheme was a V1 chaser... I like V1 chasers. OK, I'm in!

​By the way, I will not be repeating my unsuccessful attempts to obtain a 1/72 V1 - impossible unless you find a Frog kit... ask me how I know (or read the link!)

• Like 4

I went to Elvington last year and took loads of photos of the outside of their Night Fighter. If anyone is interested I'll upload them to Flickr and put them in the reference section.

Regards,

Mark

Definite +1 from me for that - I'm planning a NF version for this GB...

"By the way, I will not be repeating my unsuccessful attempts to obtain a 1/72 V1 - impossible unless you find a Frog kit... ask me how I know (or read the link!)"

I had some wine tonight whilst watching 'The Apprentice'. Then I topped up my glass and while waiting for 'Your fired' I checked BM. Enzo had kindly sent me a PM showing an eBay entry for an Airfix Meteor and V1 pair. So I bought it. One glass of wine and I'm anybody's. :)

• Like 3

:D Sadly not Max, a fairly nasty Rioja 'Reserva' from Lidl (grrngghhh). My Brother-in-Law had recommended the 'standard' Rioja as a good quaff (not bad for £4) so I thought the Reserva for an extra £1.50 was bound to be better. Not only a cheap date but also a sucker an idiot :(

Edit: changed that last bit... on re-reading the connotations of 'cheap date' with 'sucker' might attract inappropriate attention.

Can anyone help with the F.8 intake colour? From the photos that I have found I am having difficulty determining whether it should be natural metal or black.

Thanks

I've got a good shot of an F.8 intake in the SAM book. Silver (probably painted) walls and wing spar with mostly semi-gloss black equipment bay. Hope this helps!

Michael

• Like 1

I've got a good shot of an F.8 intake in the SAM book. Silver (probably painted) walls and wing spar with mostly semi-gloss black equipment bay. Hope this helps!

Michael

Thanks Michael, I have the same book and have been through that umpteen times looking for photographs of the intakes and for some reason I haven't picked those up. As you say there is a great shot of one intake that shows it as silver and a nice 3/4 view of WH301 on pg104 that confirms this.

Please accept my apologies for wasting your time and it will teach me that in future I shouldn't skim the pages.

• Like 1

I'd suggest getting in touch with the chap who manages Britmodeller's "Walkaround" section- don't remember this moment who that is!

bob